Anyone have APR carbon front splitter?

CBPtypeRgrunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ FK8, AP1 S2000, F-150, YZF-R6
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I’m thinking about getting the APR front splitter. Can those of you who have it post pics? Would prefer to see what it looks like on CBP. How was installation as well?

Thanks
Sponsored

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I’m thinking about getting the APR front splitter. Can those of you who have it post pics? Would prefer to see what it looks like on CBP. How was installation as well?

Thanks
I think a dude on instagram has one on his CW...johnys_typer...I think, can't remember his name exactly

as for pics, I'm sure you've seen this already
https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/CW-917022_640x426.jpg
https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/CW-917022X_640x426.jpg

Quick google of APR and FK8: Instagram: @_kevinsfk8_

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone have APR carbon front splitter? 142-Kevin-Fuentes-@kevinsfk8-Honda-Civic-Type-R-FK8-USA-5-1024x684

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone have APR carbon front splitter? 142-Kevin-Fuentes-@kevinsfk8-Honda-Civic-Type-R-FK8-USA-2-770x513

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone have APR carbon front splitter? 142-Kevin-Fuentes-@kevinsfk8-Honda-Civic-Type-R-FK8-USA-1-1024x1024

https://hothatch.com.au/kevin-fuentes-honda-civic-type-r-mk5-fk8/

Last edited:

Rtyp3

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I just recently put on that front splitter on. Here a video and some pictures of it.

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R
Country flag
Do you have to drill your own holes to mount this APR splitter from underneath the bumper?

If so, does it come with any template on the holes to be drilled out in order to mount?

Rtyp3

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Do you have to drill your own holes to mount this APR splitter from underneath the bumper?

If so, does it come with any template on the holes to be drilled out in order to mount?
Unfortunately it does not come with pre drilled holes in the splitter. You have to line up your own holes, mark them and drill them.

mjonesjr8

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Corvette Grand Sport
Country flag
Unfortunately it does not come with pre drilled holes in the splitter. You have to line up your own holes, mark them and drill them.
do you have to remove the bumper to install?

Rtyp3

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
do you have to remove the bumper to install?
Yah, Atleast to do it right you have too. Here is a couple of the install pictures.

r_rated_ctr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I dont have one on my civic, but I will tell you, APR makes a great splitter. I have one on my old Scion xB and hit a turtle that was in the road at 70 mph and it just sliced the shell in half. The bottom half stayed on the road, and the top half flew up in the air. Was pretty hilarious. Needless to say, there wasn't a single mark on the splitter from any of it.

OP
OP
CBPtypeRgrunt

CBPtypeRgrunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ FK8, AP1 S2000, F-150, YZF-R6
Country flag
I dont have one on my civic, but I will tell you, APR makes a great splitter. I have one on my old Scion xB and hit a turtle that was in the road at 70 mph and it just sliced the shell in half. The bottom half stayed on the road, and the top half flew up in the air. Was pretty hilarious. Needless to say, there wasn't a single mark on the splitter from any of it.
RIP turtle

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Jesus, well I was concerned about the APR being carbon and hitting stuff on the highway.
Sponsored