anyone going to load the traction control update from hondata?

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
  • Banned
Supposed to be a bad ass update to the VSA ,

still waiting for the release should be any hour. Time to make more noise at 5000-5500 rpm lol when engaging the clutch

Sponsored

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
I will definitely be giving it a shot. Maybe not until the weekend but it looks worth trying out.

OP
OP

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
  • Banned
the link to dl the update has been up since yesterday
make sure you click on the youtube video link , they have not updated the software to download the 3.7 version or have it on the website

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not on mine yet, says I have the newest version too.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Have you tested any 0-60 times with this new VSA feature? Let us know. Thanks!
i haven't even drove on it yet tbh. I downloaded it onto my computer but i haven't uploaded it yet.

I only really had spinning issues in 2nd gear from like 3k rpms so i'm hoping it'll negate that.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just downloaded it, few things to finish up for work but going to upload and try it.

OP
OP

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
havent updated it yet. weather is shit here in colorado.. Anyone test this new update supposed to be amazing

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
havent updated it yet. weather is shit here in colorado.. Anyone test this new update supposed to be amazing
It’s pretty awesome. I don’t really care about 0-60 times or drag racing but it definitely makes the car move! Should be nice for 2nd gear and autocross.

OP
OP

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
It’s pretty awesome. I don’t really care about 0-60 times or drag racing but it definitely makes the car move! Should be nice for 2nd gear and autocross.
So are you saying its a worthy upgrade over stock VSA? I am only running stock tires summer. not sure if this will hurt my gas millage or tired wear. I guess basically what the mod does is it is not cutting the boost during a tire slip?

wonder if it is also better for drag racing

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
So are you saying its a worthy upgrade over stock VSA? I am only running stock tires summer. not sure if this will hurt my gas millage or tired wear. I guess basically what the mod does is it is not cutting the boost during a tire slip?

if anything, this traction control will decrease your tire wear cause your not spinning and burning them off in like 1st/2nd gear pulls. Gas mileage should not be affected because if you were caring about gas mileage, you wouldn't be flooring it causing you to lose traction anyways.

the traction control doesn't replace the VSA. The factory VSA modulates the throttle when it senses tire slippage. Which means when it engages, you are falling off of boost. The hondata traction control doesn't mess with the throttle and keeps it constantly open but retards the ign timing to gain traction so you don't lose boost. With the hondata traction control, the car will retard timing to gain traction, the factory VSA will never sense tire slippage so it should never kick in.
I'd assume it's good for drag racing since you'd be launching the car.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

If you already have Hondata yea it's totally free just upload it.

It doesn't cut boost that's what the stock VSA does which makes it so jerky. It does it with timing which makes it very smooth and linear have you watched their video?

If you have the stock tires it'll definitely help as those don't have the best grip.

It is 100% better for launching/ drag racing that's literally all it does lol. 1st and 2nd gear are the only gears with traction issues if you're stock so this helps you get through those gears better. You might want to watch the video again.
Sponsored