Anyone From Wisconsin Out There?

itacrx21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #2652, 1988 Honda Crx Si, 2017 Honda CRV, 2007 Mazda 6
Country flag
Curious about anyone from Wisconsin and looking for feedback on CTR experiences with local dealers, regarding ADM, deposits, inventory etc.
Sponsored

Sman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 EX Hatch w/ Sensing
SW Wisconsin here. Only dealer I've talked to is Richardson's in Dubuque IA...they don't think that they will get one this year. I assume Zimbrick's in Madison will get a couple, and they are good about not adding adm

ChrisSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan, 2009 Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Curious about anyone from Wisconsin and looking for feedback on CTR experiences with local dealers, regarding ADM, deposits, inventory etc.
From this thread: http://www.civicx.com/threads/honda...-dealer-naughty-list.9419/page-37#post-195706

Wild Honda of Waukesha-

• Will have ADM on MSRP, how much over is TBD
      • Expecting 2, not taking deposits.
Honda of Kenosha

• 4K mark up
      • Would not confirm what the extras would be
      • Expecting 2, took deposit on 1st one, haven't decided on how to handle the rest of deposits if taken. Maybe name draw situation.
David Hobbs

• Will have ADM, how much is TBD
      • Expecting 2 (first one expected to arrive June, second November)
      • Deposits on both
Schlossmanns Honda City

• No ADM on MSRP
      • All 3 in coming CTRs have deposits on them, plus waitlist of 6+ for future deliveries
Russ Darrow Honda

• TBD on price
      • One coming in June
      • Not taking deposits, first come first serve.

suz_Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Civic Si Coupe
I've talked to every major and some small Honda dealers in WI for going on probably close to a year now about the CTR. Initially I got no where but finally got great info from one of the highest volume dealers in SE WI. Unfortunately my timing was bad and 3 people already at that point putt a deposit down, one of which was the owner it's self. Finally after more hounding I was able to put a deposit down at another well known dealer in Milwaukee. They confirmed 2 were coming in, I put $2600 down, 100% refundable, wrote up purchase order, but no MSRP and was told they will be putting a mark up on it but that's also tbd. they had no other info at the time (late April) about the car. Meanwhile I was still searching for other dealers because I frankly didn't trust the people I put my deposit down with. (Why? Because I had been calling them asking to put a deposit down and they kept saying they weren't sure, then all of a sudden they call me telling me 2 are coming in and we're taking $, but someone already put $ down on 1st one? Come to find out it's one of the salespeoples husband) I got a phone call maybe 3 weeks later about delivery dates and they tell me mine wouldn't be here until November?? Wtf? So again this added to my suspicion of things. I reached out to another dealership again, begging for more info and if I could put a deposit down and secure a spot. This dealership (west of mke) has been by far the most helpful and straightforward. They are not taking a deposit until the car is on the lot and have not officially decided how to manage the demand. But I've stayed in contact with them on a weekly basis and feel these people will be my best chance. Won't pull my other deposit until I have keys in hand. Another dealer in southeast WI was willing to take a deposit but then they said they might just throw everyone's name in a hat who put $$ down and go from there, I laughed and hung up. If I'm dropping yet another 2k I need a guarantee. We'll see what happens. I'm not supposed to say the confirmed delivery dates I've been given (however these have been pushed back 3 times now) but it's supposed to be soon for the first 1 to come in.

Sounds like all will be adding packages and extras to the R and will then be able to justify the mark up. But I've not been able to confirm how much over MSRP.

suz_Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE:

Russ Darrow Milwaukee confirmed a $10k market value adjustment plus $5k for added accessories. $49k for first CTR

I've talked to every major and some small Honda dealers in WI for going on probably close to a year now about the CTR. Initially I got no where but finally got great info from one of the highest volume dealers in SE WI. Unfortunately my timing was bad and 3 people already at that point putt a deposit down, one of which was the owner it's self. Finally after more hounding I was able to put a deposit down at another well known dealer in Milwaukee. They confirmed 2 were coming in, I put $2600 down, 100% refundable, wrote up purchase order, but no MSRP and was told they will be putting a mark up on it but that's also tbd. they had no other info at the time (late April) about the car. Meanwhile I was still searching for other dealers because I frankly didn't trust the people I put my deposit down with. (Why? Because I had been calling them asking to put a deposit down and they kept saying they weren't sure, then all of a sudden they call me telling me 2 are coming in and we're taking $, but someone already put $ down on 1st one? Come to find out it's one of the salespeoples husband) I got a phone call maybe 3 weeks later about delivery dates and they tell me mine wouldn't be here until November?? Wtf? So again this added to my suspicion of things. I reached out to another dealership again, begging for more info and if I could put a deposit down and secure a spot. This dealership (west of mke) has been by far the most helpful and straightforward. They are not taking a deposit until the car is on the lot and have not officially decided how to manage the demand. But I've stayed in contact with them on a weekly basis and feel these people will be my best chance. Won't pull my other deposit until I have keys in hand. Another dealer in southeast WI was willing to take a deposit but then they said they might just throw everyone's name in a hat who put $$ down and go from there, I laughed and hung up. If I'm dropping yet another 2k I need a guarantee. We'll see what happens. I'm not supposed to say the confirmed delivery dates I've been given (however these have been pushed back 3 times now) but it's supposed to be soon for the first 1 to come in.

Sounds like all will be adding packages and extras to the R and will then be able to justify the mark up. But I've not been able to confirm how much over MSRP.

Sman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 EX Hatch w/ Sensing
UPDATE:

Russ Darrow Milwaukee confirmed a $10k market value adjustment plus $5k for added accessories. $49k for first CTR
wow..............wonder what the added accessories are
The Honda website only has $2,400 that you can add to the car.....

suz_Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's what I asked. She listed all of the mods and they are all the same as online, just pointless accessories like cargo net, interior illumination, all season mats etc. So it's just total robbery. Waiting to hear from 2 others that seem promising. But we'll see !
wow..............wonder what the added accessories are
The Honda website only has $2,400 that you can add to the car.....
That's a bu in

OP
OP
itacrx21

itacrx21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
UPDATE:

This is what I was afraid of. Dealers better not overplay their hand. Time is on our side. Once the excitement dies down, prices will drop. There is always next year

bombarde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Greetings from SE Wisconsin! Can't add anything to your CTR topic, other than I lust after one! But as a new owner of a Hatchback ST and a newcomer to this forum, I thought I'd say Hi!

suz_Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Greetings from SE Wisconsin! Can't add anything to your CTR topic, other than I lust after one! But as a new owner of a Hatchback ST and a newcomer to this forum, I thought I'd say Hi!

Welcome to the forum! So far we have not had any deliveries here in SE WI, or even IL. Hoping to have one by the end of the month, will keep everyone posted. Fingers crossed. Hope you are liking your new Hatch.

OP
OP
itacrx21

itacrx21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hobbs Honda at 5K over MSRP plus accessories of roughly $600 for CTR. Number 1 on list walked. All Star Honda is doing an auction for theirs. FYI

suz_Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2nd person at Hobbs walked, 3rd is also in question.

Hobbs Honda at 5K over MSRP plus accessories of roughly $600 for CTR. Number 1 on list walked. All Star Honda is doing an auction for theirs. FYI

bombarde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
All Star Honda is doing an auction for theirs. FYI
The sent me an email on this. 50% of proceeds over MSRP are going to charity.

Then there's this:

"If an auction isn't your thing and this vehicle is a must have, we're offering a "Buy it Now" option. The cost would be $49,775 plus taxes, fees and any added accessories."

OP
OP
itacrx21

itacrx21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The sent me an email on this. 50% of proceeds over MSRP are going to charity.

Then there's this:

"If an auction isn't your thing and this vehicle is a must have, we're offering a "Buy it Now" option. The cost would be $49,775 plus taxes, fees and any added accessories."
Good luck with the buy it now option
Sponsored