First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Minnesotan reporting. Love my 2018 Si sedan!
Sponsored

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
welcome, and which dealer did u purchase from? how was the experience and any deal came along with the car?
I purchased from Invert Grove Honda a year ago. I actually had Richfield and Inver Grove fighting for my business. Don't remember the exact deal, but I paid just under 23k and got the nice floor mats for free. They tried to give me a hefty discount on the 100k warranty, but I had plans to void so many parts of the warranty I didn't feel it was worth the expense.

In the end, the deals were so similar that I went with the dealership that was more fun! Richfield was high pressure and they were unpleasant with me through the negotiation - I was given the used card salesman and he kept pushing me to reconsider getting a sports car and a manual, instead suggesting that a CVT family car is what I "really" needed. Also, his manager did the whole "we can give such and such deal as long as purchase the car RIGHT NOW".... So I purchased from Inver Grove and had a total fucking blast through the process. They were fun and seemed genuinely interested in the mods I had planned and were very excited for me to get my first sports car - "baby's first tuner" is what I call it :p Their parts guys know their shit and never get annoyed with my amateur or crazy techie questions.

Given all the electronics mods I am completing atm, the next visit to the dealer will be fun.... I am guessing they will start to trim my warranty coverage very soon :p

Last edited:

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just bought a 2019 Si coupe from Walser Honda and they were very nice. I got a great deal and they even delivered it to Cosmos MN (LOL) thanks to my GF and a comment she made. Check out my lengthy post in the “Buying” forum for the details of what happened, “I stole a Honda.” And I did get the Rally stripes put on like in the picture.

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I purchased from Invert Grove Honda a year ago. I actually had Richfield and Inver Grove fighting for my business. Don't remember the exact deal, but I paid just under 23k and got the nice floor mats for free. They tried to give me a hefty discount on the 100k warranty, but I had plans to void so many parts of the warranty I didn't feel it was worth the expense.

In the end, the deals were so similar that I went with the dealership that was more fun! Richfield was high pressure and they were unpleasant with me through the negotiation - I was given the used card salesman and he kept pushing me to reconsider getting a sports car and a manual, instead suggesting that a CVT family car is what I "really" needed. Also, his manager did the whole "we can give such and such deal as long as purchase the car RIGHT NOW".... So I purchased from Inver Grove and had a total fucking blast through the process. They were fun and seemed genuinely interested in the mods I had planned and were very excited for me to get my first sports car - "baby's first tuner" is what I call it :p Their parts guys know their shit and never get annoyed with my amateur or crazy techie questions.

Given all the electronics mods I am completing atm, the next visit to the dealer will be fun.... I am guessing they will start to trim my warranty coverage very soon :p
Wha what mods are you doing

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
welcome! I do like Walser part dept, the ppl there r nice and helpful. However, their price is usually higher than the others. But they do include lifetime warranty -. did you get that deal?

so what kinda mod r u gonna do?

I just bought a 2019 Si coupe from Walser Honda and they were very nice. I got a great deal and they even delivered it to Cosmos MN (LOL) thanks to my GF and a comment she made. Check out my lengthy post in the “Buying” forum for the details of what happened, “I stole a Honda.” And I did get the Rally stripes put on like in the picture.

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They offered me some warranty choices, but nothing about any lifetime warranty. I just got a good deal on the price.

The only mods I’m going to do are a few cosmetic changes. Mainly just visual.

Black Rally stripes and paint protection
Tinted glass
Mudflaps
Chrome delete on the trim and badges

I’d like to call it a daily driver, but living out in the country means any drive is a highway drive and it gets covered in bugs so for now it sits in the garage with me starring at it.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
It's Walser Limited Lifetime Warranty and it should be included in the deal if you bought the car brand new from them. You should call your saleman to clarify. For the flaps, are yo getting the rally armor? I got them and they are good. Enjoy your new car, and remember to check your engine oil level, as the factory might have overfilled some of the cars.

They offered me some warranty choices, but nothing about any lifetime warranty. I just got a good deal on the price.

The only mods I’m going to do are a few cosmetic changes. Mainly just visual.

Black Rally stripes and paint protection
Tinted glass
Mudflaps
Chrome delete on the trim and badges

I’d like to call it a daily driver, but living out in the country means any drive is a highway drive and it gets covered in bugs so for now it sits in the garage with me starring at it.

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the info on the warranty. I’ll check into it.

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wha what mods are you doing
Whew, a bunch.

Finished cosmetic mods: LED headlights, sequential smoked LED taillights, smoked markers, tints (YELO Autosports), oem window visors (with full chrome delete from YELO Autosports), civic debadged, black chrome emblems, led honda fit dome light, probably some others.

Finished electronics mods: hardwired blendmounted blackvue dr900s cams, hardwired blendmounted uniden r3 radar detector, hardwired ktuner v2 (running slightly altered MAPerformance tune) with hardwired usb cable to passenger seat, seat rail mounted tablet with otg usb hookup to ktuner v2 usb cable, 12v line from battery (through the hood release cable grommet), Honda Hack, probably some others.

In progress mods:
- Hidden obd2 port splitter (pre-oem under dash port) - I found a CHEAP and slightly damaged OEM dash cable for a 2016 civic, I will cut and pigtail the odb2 port from that cable to a 3-way odb2 splitter and the original oem socket. This will make it look factory with a hidden set of 3+ odb2 devices.
- Lock and key switch for the exposed odb2 port's power pin.
- 9 led toggle bat style switches down the left of my drivers side lower dash (with custom harness! for easy disconnects) - these will switch power on/off to 3x accessories (dash cams, radar detector, etc), 3x odb2 devices (ktuner, carloop, etc), 3x relays (relay 1 for accessories, the 2 others for higher amperage devices).
- Breakout 6 switch box mounted to the center console in the passenger footwell pulling power from relay 2 (3x low amp circuits for a raspberry pi + usb hub in the glove compartment, 3x high amp circuits for future expansions - sub amp, light strip, etc).
- Hardwired usb ports in sub center console near the cigarette lighter (1 for the ktuner usb cable, the other for the glove box raspberry pi cable).
- 2x usb power ports in the sub center console for the tablet and its hub.
- 2x usb power ports in the rear of the center console for back seat passengers to charge devices.
- Center console blank LED button for alert flashing from and muting to my Uniden R3.
- And of course fuses and the lot for all that above.

Planned but not started: rear reflector LEDs with brakes + flasher support, LED fog lights with halos, fuel pump cutoff switch, sub amp, led strip in trunk. Probably others, but afraid to think about it until my current work is done.

I have been taking meticulous pictures and notes of the whole electronics mods. I plan to make a long ass post soon detailing the process - I got to finish them first :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone from Minnesota? 20190504_192816

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone from Minnesota? 20190504_172412

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone from Minnesota? 20190414_183609

Last edited:

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
LadySi

I understood the first paragraph, but the rest went over my head. I am thinking of getting the black chrome emblems. Where did you get yours at. Care to share a picture of those? I plan on keeping my car pretty Stock with just a few changes.

Good luck with your car.

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@thebutcher
I got genuine JDM Access ones from heeltoeauto. Below is the link for the both emblems and the civic badge, though I opted to get just the emblems as I debadged the civic part (the "si" badge is enough for me). They sell them separately if you search their site. Words of warning: To mount them "correctly" you need to remove your front bumper and disassemble your trunk lid. Pain in the ass. I opted to just use 3M tape and call it a day. Also, you *WILL* break the old emblems removing them and you should take your time removing them and take care not to scratch your paint (I did a little). Also, if you want to debadge your civic badge on the trunk, use some fishing line and search the web for some videos. Alternatively, the guys at YELO Autosports can debadge it in like 10 minutes.

https://www.heeltoeauto.com/emblems...atchback-08f20-tgg-000-hga.08f20-tgg-000.html

I don't have a good picture of the emblems on my black Si sedan, but I will take some today after work.

I just finished the relay pigtails last night, I plan to put in a couple hours on the car tonight after work - I am getting close to actually putting my dash back together! I did a test with the current dash state and found that my in-line fuses on my custom atx harness do not fit under the dash, so I removed them and will mount a 6 inline fuse box under the dash. more soldering to do now :cry:. Once the relays are mounted I will turn my attention to dremeling open the uniden breakout mute box to remove the mute switch and alert led in preparation for wiring up the led momentary button into a button blank on my center console. After that, I need to connect the rest of the harness under the dash and run the 12v line from the second relay through the center console (will do the mute button/led at the same time) to the passenger footwell for the switch box. And then......completed! Yay!

LadySi
Good luck with your car.
Thanks! I may need the luck! This project has snowballed.... and now I have a sailboat I am closing a deal on so I need to pivot to refinishing her hull, so the car projects need to get wrapped the fuck up!

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I’m glad you understand what your talking about because I sure don’t. I thought lining up my “Turbo” stickers were hard. It took 3 tries for WeatherTech to get me a good passenger rain guard.

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I’m glad you understand what your talking about because I sure don’t. I thought lining up my “Turbo” stickers were hard. It took 3 tries for WeatherTech to get me a good passenger rain guard.
I didn't know shit a year ago. Buying this car gave me the mod bug. I am an IT engineer by trade, so the electronics side of things comes easy - under the hood though... that intimidates me.

The black badges look real nice. I also really like the oem window visors, I heard some folk haves had issues with the weather tech ones and I liked the look of the oems better, so paid the money for then and the vinyl wrap chrome delete. But I have cash to spare.... on a budget, other visors are just fine, as are the cheaper black emblems.

Best of luck with your car!

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, anyone in MN interested in a meetup this summer? Like meet at a park, show off our cars, drink some beer/whiskey, chill in the sun, kick around a soccer ball, talk about our cars and stuff?
Sponsored