drew2420

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Thanks for the info, guys. So, how many of you are running the stock rims on DD? And any bad experience with potholes since there are more of them than lakes in MN here. :-(

I have had good experience with MAPerformance, and Chris over there rocks! I would think RSMotor used to do a lot of Honda too, but not so sure if they still do though.

How about Tinting, guys? Where do you have your tint? And what's your settings for the front and back? I always use "Tint Pro" for all of my cars, so I might go back to them.

As you can tell, I haven't got my CTR yet but I am already so pumped about it!! Someone please calms me down....hehe.
I highly recommend "Bings Tint" in Minneapolis. The guy is a true professional and doesn't have to remove the back spoiler to apply the back window tint.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Hey, how's it running for you? Feeling any big difference? Any glitches? More importantly, would you "unlock" the ecu before bringing your car in for any services, to avoid voiding the warranty? Did you get it locally or online? Are you running the Stage 0 or Stage 1?

I'm running on the Ktuner V2.

d0nutrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey, how's it running for you? Feeling any big difference? Any glitches? More importantly, would you "unlock" the ecu before bringing your car in for any services, to avoid voiding the warranty? Did you get it locally or online? Are you running the Stage 0 or Stage 1?
It's great! It makes a HUGE difference! No glitches so far. I'v brought my car to the dealership for an oil change and they didn't even notice. I just didn't have the unit in the car. Of course I was just getting an oil change. I ordered mine online and did the flash myself. It wasn't too hard at all. I'm running the Stage 2 Dual Calibration.

Stage 2 Dual Calibration (CVT and MT):
Improved throttle response
Removed throttle dampening on low end, better performance off the line
Reduced turbo lag with aggressive spool up
Improved low-end and midrange torque
Factory boost in ECO mode
Boost raised to 21psi in normal
Producing a much more sporty feel, drivability, and additional top end power!

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Another question for the locals - where do you wash your CTR? I bring all my cars to Touchless wash at Kwik Trip. So, I am wondering if anyone washing their CTR at them as well?

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Hi, MN folks.

Any recommendation on local shops for mechanical works like swapping downpipe, exhaust, etc? I really want to find one that has more experience with CTR.

Any input would be very helpful, Thanks :thumbsup:

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Hi, MN folks

Anyone here has purchased the "ThreeForOne" protection plan (by TheWarrantyGroup) here? The plan seems to be pretty good, covering wheels/tires + paintless dent repair + windshield + key, but I got a quote of $1400 over in WA.

So, I want to see if there is another place that offers it at a better price. Anyone who knows of one, feel free to chime in - give us the place name, price and the saleman name if available.

Thawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type R
Country flag
I use Midwest ClearBra (Plymouth) on both my Viper and the Type R. They do great work. XPEL Ultimate for the win!

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Did you do the front bumper only on your TypeR? And how much was it for their work on your TypeR? In fact, I found them online and already made a reservation with them shortly after I posted up on here.

Thanks, @Thawk!

I use Midwest ClearBra (Plymouth) on both my Viper and the Type R. They do great work. XPEL Ultimate for the win!
Sponsored