Anyone figured out if VIDEO is possible?

visuol1

jUsT oRdErEd mY RaLlYe ReD cIvIC !
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civix EX Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'm wondering why I can't get YouTube or Netflix to play on new 2016 Civic screen ? I'd love to be able to watch something in my car when I'm stuck waiting somewhere...I read somewhere about an HDMI port but that was older civics only correct ?
Sponsored

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I've gotten YouTube running in my car but there's no audio. But, I believe it only works in park.

OP
OP
visuol1

visuol1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
YouTube through car play or Bluetooth ? Thanks!

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
YouTube through car play or Bluetooth ? Thanks!
Neither... through the headhunt itself. Connect your car to your phone's wifi hotspot and open the browser built into the HU. you can then visit any website, including youtube, and the videos will play. However, They take FOREVER to load and I couldn't get any audio coming from the speakers. I mainly just did it to test if it was possible. I'm sure someone will eventually figure out how to hack it to make it actually usable but for now thats all I've figured out.

modernwarpaint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (CBM)
I was able to access YouTube while in park, using the phones wifi while not connected to AppleCarPlay. But the videos would not load. Or perhaps I was impatient waiting for more than a minute for it to load. However, when I plugged in my phone directly, the browser would not work at all. I'm still somewhat confused as to why it wouldn't link to a browser when directly connected.

OP
OP
visuol1

visuol1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was able to access YouTube while in park, using the phones wifi while not connected to AppleCarPlay. But the videos would not load. Or perhaps I was impatient waiting for more than a minute for it to load. However, when I plugged in my phone directly, the browser would not work at all. I'm still somewhat confused as to why it wouldn't link to a browser when directly connected.
I agree. That's what I found frustrating also, was the fact that when you plug in your phone with the USB it doesn't transfer to the car dash. You would think being a Honda Civic it would do so. Hmmmm. Hopefully someone figures it out and let's us know

ysargon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Neither... through the headhunt itself. Connect your car to your phone's wifi hotspot and open the browser built into the HU. you can then visit any website, including youtube, and the videos will play. However, They take FOREVER to load and I couldn't get any audio coming from the speakers. I mainly just did it to test if it was possible. I'm sure someone will eventually figure out how to hack it to make it actually usable but for now thats all I've figured out.
to get the audio to work, switch the source to "audio apps"... im 99% sure thats what its called

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Number 1: Judging by the pic, your hot.

Number 2: I remember this discussion on the 9th gen forum. I remember it being very complicated about how to be able to do this. They had found some kind of quick fix, but it never lasted. The system kept resetting or something.
Sponsored