Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
  • Banned
I just noticed that mine has been broken since new - I can go back to some pictures I took literally just after I bought the car and this has been like this since day 1. I just happened to walk up to my car at the "right" angle and I saw that it wasn't aligned.

I circled the issue at hand - you'll see it's not a straight line. If you get in close, the lip is folded underneath the white body and that has caused two stress cracks to appear around the attachment points. I "popped" it back into place, but it isn't quite straight because it's not attached securely at two points now with the cracks. Just wondering if this happened to anyone else from the factory. It seemed like damage that would happen when installing, not something that happened afterwards.

I'm going to take it to my dealership, but I am not hopeful. Wish me luck.

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone else's rear lip cracked? Inked20180921_181640_LI

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone else's rear lip cracked? Inked20181006_175644_LI

Last edited:

JayDiem

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8, 2007 Ram 1500, 2000 CRV
Country flag
No issues like that here, good luck, hopefully its something small.

OP
OP

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
  • Banned
None I’m aware of.... maybe someone bumped you softly
Nope. No impact scuff, no other cracks anywhere. I literally found a pic of my car within minutes of driving off the lot. This defect is there. Nobody noticed because you have to know that line is supposed to be straight and you have to squat to see it, or approach the car from a lower angle, which is how I finally noticed. Maybe the dealership knew.

The car sat in a showroom for months and had 5 miles on it when sold to me.

Of course the dealership is just ignoring my emails. I bought out of state. Never again. Probably never a Honda again. I like their cars, I hate their dealers and Honda customer service.

Slap KFD

Slapboogz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 1998 Honda Accord
Country flag
Nope. No impact scuff, no other cracks anywhere. I literally found a pic of my car within minutes of driving off the lot. This defect is there. Nobody noticed because you have to know that line is supposed to be straight and you have to squat to see it, or approach the car from a lower angle, which is how I finally noticed. Maybe the dealership knew.

The car sat in a showroom for months and had 5 miles on it when sold to me.

Of course the dealership is just ignoring my emails. I bought out of state. Never again. Probably never a Honda again. I like their cars, I hate their dealers and Honda customer service.
Drive your car down to a local Honda dealer. tell them you bought it out of state
Sponsored