Anyone else have this problem?

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Hi y'all,

Just wanted to see if anyone else has encountered this problem. So about 1000 miles ago my car developed a squeak only when turning left. Brought it into the dealer and they said the clips on the brake rotor were backing out and rubbing against the rotor. Apparently the right side started to do the same thing. Anyone else have this problem? Solution was to replace the clips.
Sponsored

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
Yep, was real bad yesterday! I haven't taken the wheel off yet and last time I went for service the noise wasn't happening.

It would be lovely if Honda actually talked to their dealerships to give them a heads up on a lot of these common problems, so when you take the car in they don't look at you like an idiot, they say "Oh, yeah, we've heard of that, let's take 10 minutes and replace that 50 cent clip."

Check here also: https://www.civicx.com/threads/squealing-noise-from-front-driver-wheel.34316/

Jennitran

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Country flag
Hi y'all,

Just wanted to see if anyone else has encountered this problem. So about 1000 miles ago my car developed a squeak only when turning left. Brought it into the dealer and they said the clips on the brake rotor were backing out and rubbing against the rotor. Apparently the right side started to do the same thing. Anyone else have this problem?Autoguysland has reviewed some car diagnostic tool, you can visit Autoguysland site to find one if you concern. Solution was to replace the clips.
Low power - steering fluid can be caused. Check fluid levels and replenish them if necessary.Fluid should be contaminated or dirty that could cause this issue.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Low power - steering fluid can be caused. Check fluid levels and replenish them if necessary.Fluid should be contaminated or dirty that could cause this issue.
10th-gen Civics have electric power steering = no PS fluid reservoir.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
10th-gen Civics have electric power steering = no PS fluid reservoir.