Anyone else have on and off days with their Si?

1. AUGM1

AUGM1 Senior Member

Car(s):
    SI
    Sometimes I love the car, and sometimes I hate it.
    Has enough power, good gas mileage,reasonable purchase price, etc,BUT, about 50% of the time I hate shifting it, falling in it or out of it, lack of comfort, etc.
    Maybe I'm getting old?

2. PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter Specific Output

Car(s):
    2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
    Yes, normal symptoms. Look at it more often and drive it as granny like as possible for a week or so for relief of this. Makes you appreciate the power, fuel economy and looks all over again.

3. PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter Specific Output

Car(s):
    2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
    My biggest gripe with these 10th gens is the inconsistent ride quality. Some days its smooth as glass and feels wonderful, others not so much. Maybe something to do with the adaptive dampers.

4. CLnet2014

CLnet2014 Senior Member

Car(s):
    Honda Civic SI 2018 Coupe
    Im pretty sure you'r getting old :)

REBELXSi and silverblip thanked this.
  5. gtman

gtman Senior Member

CivicX addict
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Car(s):
    2017 Cosmic Blue Civic EX-L
    I don't have an Si (tuned EX-L) but I think a lot of us feel the same. Overall, it's a great car for the money with a nice balance of economy and performance.

But then you start thinking about the uncomfortable seats, easily chipped paint, rattles and other annoyances and your mind wanders off to thinking about getting a different car...

Then you look at what's available out there and you realize the Civic X is the best car in it's price range. :thumbsup:

xbbnx, WOPSiWOT, Ron R and 1 other person thanked this.
  6. Drake

Drake Senior Member

Car(s):
    Honda Civic Si
    The day I regret buying a manual car is the day I'll give up having any more fun in life

tacthecat, Lagos, Solus and 9 others thanked this.
  7. repeet

repeet Senior Member

Retired
    Car(s):
    '17 Civic Si Sedan
    Yes. Its performance is very weather based. As far as the comfort, we bought an econobox because we wanted the thrift of an econobox. If you own an Si, then you've bought an econobox with a factory package.

So, "Wouldn't I really rather have a Buick"? Sometimes:

Ron R thanked this.
  8. ShadowFiend

ShadowFiend SanaBanana

Car(s):
    2019 Civic Si
    Man I feel you. I love this car but living in Canada, driving this thing in the cold is a pain in the ass especially in the mornings. My shifts are crunchy and it feels like I'm breaking something whenever I shift...takes a while to heat the cabin, few rattles, can't coast smoothly in traffic, etc.

However, when things start to heat up, it gets rid of a few of my issues. I have only been driving this since November and it has always been cold so I actually can't wait til spring/summer for me to notice if the effects of the cold.

bakingpancake, Ron R and PowerPerLiter thanked this.
  9. amirza786

amirza786 Senior Member

Director of IT
    First Name:
    A
    Car(s):
    2006 Camry SE V6, 2013 Toyota Sienna LE, 2018 Honda Civic Si (SOLD), 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
    It was definitely a moody car when I owned it. Some days it was smooth as butter, and some days not so much. Some days it averaged almost 40 mpg, some days barely 25 mpg. On cold days it seemed to struggle more, and on warm days it was great. I think it has to do with how it is tuned, it's trying to maintain that balance between economy and performance. Overall it was a better car than it wasn't, if that makes sense

10. Jeffers

Jeffers Senior Member

First Name:
    Jeff
    Car(s):
    2020 Si Coupe 'Panda look' purchased 11-24-19
    Sometimes the cabin seems louder than I expected. Other times I'm 'into' the engine noise.

11. Ron R

Ron R Senior Member

Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
    It could be age lol. I'm in the over 40 group and sometimes a long day at work, followed by pushing myself hard at the gym, it feels like I have to drop in the car.

For the price and performance, I love the SI. Also after having an Automatic for over 3 years, i missed having a stick.

12. Siiick

Siiick Senior Member

Car(s):
    2020 Civic Si, 2019 Corvette Z06, 2017 Fiesta ST
    I haven't really had any "off" days with my Si but I will say having more than 1 car to choose from helps break up the monotony of driving, especially when its the same route everyday.

13. ebhaynz

ebhaynz Senior Member

Car(s):
    Civic Si 2017
    This Si is probably the best Civic ever if you look at the whole package. Yes, it has some flaws esp. if you live in cold weather. I can't think of another car that I'd rather have at the 25k price point. The Civic sport hatch is nice, I just wish the hatch was bigger. I finally saw a new Corolla hatch in the wild last night. I thought to myself "the Corolla hatch may be a nice car but man, it's NOT selling".

14. bakingpancake

bakingpancake Senior Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Car(s):
    Civic si 2018
    Only time I don't like driving it is when it's a cold start bc I can't send it. Hah

15. CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue Senior Member

Automotive Marketing
    Car(s):
    2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
    Yes, some days I look at it like why have I put so much money into you :cry:

But then I think about the experiences and opportunities it has and is creating for me which I would sum up as greater than the cost of the car and the mods combined :)