Anyone else blowing their speakers easy?

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I stay around 12 or 13 with audio books and 15 or 16 with music, the few times I have that playing. Any louder than those and I wonder how people pay attention to the road and environment around them. Meanwhile, a buddy of mine has his so loud (in his Celica) that you can hear it down the block. We don't hang out much if he's driving or meeting us with his car.

Maybe that explains some of the crazy drivers out there these day !!

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone else blowing their speakers easy? car
Sponsored

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Sound system is great in the 10th gen at least for the Si's. I don't know bout everyone here but I love to blast my music on days with good weather all the way up to 40 with the windows down. I don't do this all the time but I do it a decent amount, can our speakers not handle this power?

Blew my speakers a total of 3 times. 2 times it got replaced under warranty and it recently blew again but I'll be getting a 2020 si next month so I decided to stick it out until then. Speakers don't fully blow but I think the subwoofers do as there is a ton of rattling at lower volumes.
It's more important what is your sub boost setting. I suspect you have it maxed out. This makes any music with some bass a caricature of itself, but if you play those pieces with the bass already "artistically" overdone, I would never doubt it can bust the subwoofer, even in a correctly designed system. Most subwoofers are only designed to take short bursts at max power and will not survive a continuous full power bass for a longer time unless they are overengineered for this. If you want to shake the ground, you need more than the factory sub.

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
i crank mine but only to distortion and back off. that is well before max amplitude. if your turning it up to full you need to clean your ears, or if your music is not distorting it must be lacking in base.
bass is the only thing that requires some juice to drive, like 10x more the mids to highs.
all this is a big failure for honda and us poor sucker that got em, as full range is going to the front. very poor sound design.
i get mine to about 33 with for me some good bass, its acceptable but easily could have been so so much better.
NOTE if it weren't for the full range to the fronts we be screwed for any mod to improve the sound.

67years-- beck, misico, alt-j, glass animals, 21 po po's, I CRANK EM. I got to buy a new house cuz i rattled this one to death. i like my polk sda's (home system) and i like to pump up the volume. you cant hear 12hz but you can feel it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you all for your responses. I'm still young and out of college and I've also been accustomed to blasting music everywhere I go, definitely not good for my ears and will probably turn it down a bit now to avoid blowing them again but man I love blasting some gang shit about shooting and robbing people while on the way to my 9-5 job :cool::cool::cool:

I also play a lot of heavy edm/trap along with rap w/ deep 808s so I probably should've figured it'll blow eventually lol

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (Boost Blue)
Country flag
I NEVER go past 20 for music and that's if I wanna "blast" it in my opinion.
I usually stay at 15 tho....
I'm sorry but Honda's "Premium" audio is just not that good as a whole.:dunno:

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I NEVER go past 20 for music and that's if I wanna "blast" it in my opinion.
I usually stay at 15 tho....
I'm sorry but Honda's "Premium" audio is just not that good as a whole.:dunno:
In my opinion I think Honda's sound system is pretty nice considering the price paid for the car along with all the extra goodies. It isn't a professional sound system but for OEM and to the average driver I think it's very solid.

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in Sonic Gray
Country flag
In my opinion I think Honda's sound system is pretty nice considering the price paid for the car along with all the extra goodies. It isn't a professional sound system but for OEM and to the average driver I think it's very solid.
lol yeah I agree it's not too bad once you mess with the sound levels a bit. But I wish your ears the best in the future my friend. I tried turning my audio past 25 and I thought my ears were going to bleed. So bless you for being able to handle it all the way at 40.

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
one sign of a crappy sound system is ear fatigue. i don't get any, even at decent volume, ever, that includes all day drives, is why i'm making the sound system the last on the list of mods. bad sound hurts my ears more than volume.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
Sound system is great in the 10th gen at least for the Si's. I don't know bout everyone here but I love to blast my music on days with good weather all the way up to 40 with the windows down. I don't do this all the time but I do it a decent amount, can our speakers not handle this power?

Blew my speakers a total of 3 times. 2 times it got replaced under warranty and it recently blew again but I'll be getting a 2020 si next month so I decided to stick it out until then. Speakers don't fully blow but I think the subwoofers do as there is a ton of rattling at lower volumes.
Are you using the Neural Sound processing? If you don't use it and listen to music very loud, it can kill your speakers at high volume levels because it's sending the same volume levels to each L/R side in Stereo. If you enable Neural Sound, it processes the input and will output DD5.1 over your 10-speakers by the size and range of what each speaker and what it was designed for.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you using the Neural Sound processing? If you don't use it and listen to music very loud, it can kill your speakers at high volume levels because it's sending the same volume levels to each L/R side in Stereo. If you enable Neural Sound, it processes the input and will output DD5.1 over your 10-speakers by the size and range of what each speaker and what it was designed for.
Thank you for this. I had no idea this existed will definitely look into this

Hajidub

Honda driver, vintage stereo enthusiast
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic YES
Country flag
Looking at the stock speaker magnets on all the speakers it's no surprise they're blowing left and right. It's funny how they chose speakers that look like Focal from first glance (exudes quality) until you see the thumb-nail sized magnet.

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag

Don't have that issue, but I don't crank my speakers to the point of annoying others. On a more serious note, you're heading down the road for a serious case of tinnitus, as well as hearing loss. Might not seem important to you now, but take my word for it, once you have either of those conditions, you'll regret it, and you'll have to live with making bad decisions for the rest of your life. For tinnitus, it's like living under a high tension power line 24 hours a day, the high pitched whine never goes away. Additional side effects are frequent headaches and difficulty to even fall asleep because of the constant perception of noise. Do yourself ( and those unfortunate to be driving next to you when your blasting your music ) a favor and keep your volume below the level of causing physical damage to your hearing.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I understand everyone thank you for the input - no need to beat a dead horse I fully understand that it's not good for anyones hearing.

Started to turn the music down a bit to 25-30 ish
Sponsored