Anyone bought Honda Care extended warranty for their Type R???

akido2398

First Name
Akido
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2019 - Sonic Gray
Country flag
Hello All,
I am a new Owner of 2019 Civic Type R (Chicago IL) and looking to purchase Honda Care package. My dealer is asking $2100 for 7 Yr/100K miles which I can cancel in 30 days with full refund. any thoughts if I ask quote from local dealers or go with few dealers mentioned here which are out of state for me. Also what do you all have for Wheel and Tires portion coverage as I saw review for Fidelity Warranty Services and it looks bad based on google.

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Hello All,
I am a new Owner of 2019 Civic Type R (Chicago IL) and looking to purchase Honda Care package. My dealer is asking $2100 for 7 Yr/100K miles which I can cancel in 30 days with full refund. any thoughts if I ask quote from local dealers or go with few dealers mentioned here which are out of state for me. Also what do you all have for Wheel and Tires portion coverage as I saw review for Fidelity Warranty Services and it looks bad based on google.

Thank you in advance.
Get quote from saccuci and other online hondacare retailers.

Do not bother buying at 2.1k. dealer is hoping you just won't bother with cancelling which can be a hassle.

akido2398

First Name
Akido
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Get quote from saccuci and other online hondacare retailers.

Do not bother buying at 2.1k. dealer is hoping you just won't bother with cancelling which can be a hassle.
Thanks. I have sent emails to Saccuci and few others from this forum as mentioned. Hoping to hear from them tomorrow. I have them added that package for now knowing free cancellation in 30 days with full refund so hoping it would be easy call and follow up tomorrow to get it cancel OR ask them to reduce the price to match :). Will update this forum how it goes.

Thanks.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Thanks. I have sent emails to Saccuci and few others from this forum as mentioned. Hoping to hear from them tomorrow. I have them added that package for now knowing free cancellation in 30 days with full refund so hoping it would be easy call and follow up tomorrow to get it cancel OR ask them to reduce the price to match :). Will update this forum how it goes.

Thanks.
Np! BTW cancellation requires a dealer form with their signature, and then waiting a few weeks for Honda to process.

Have to wait for the cancellation to process before purchasing the new plan.

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag
Np! BTW cancellation requires a dealer form with their signature, and then waiting a few weeks for Honda to process.

Have to wait for the cancellation to process before purchasing the new plan.
You can actually call into Honda and cancel directly with them. They'll send you forms to fill out which you'll need to send back with your signature and stuff. I did everything via email wtihin a day or 2. Took like 2 weeks-ish for it to finalize though.

I cancelled what I bought originally and went through collegehillshonda instead for honda care and maintenance plan. Though, I feel like i could have skipped on both of these since I got the mod bug lol.

akido2398

First Name
Akido
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I called to dealer today and officially requested to cancel it via email. Got a response back in written (email) that it will be cancel and will take 7-10 business days to process. Payment Refund will be send to my given address as I had a cash payment. I have also received quotes from Hyannis, collage Honda and saccucci. Hyannis is cheapest quote ($50 cheaper) while other two are same.

Will wait to have cancellation go through and buy it from one these folks.

Thanks.

hALfnhALfs

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R Touring R-24,252
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I posted earlier about what I paid... from Superstition Honda they'll ask if you want extended warranty [I said yes], it's like $2995 for 8yr/100k from a 3rd party that uses only Genuine Honda Parts. Your car will be towed to the nearest Dealership and if it can't it'll go to an assigned place that will only use genuine Honda parts [OEM]
Anyways, I canceled the $2995 8yr/100k by going back in and asking. No hassle at all to be honest, so that was cool as I read another person got yelled at by them lol. So I called Hyannis and got the 8yr/100k Honda Care for my 2019 Type R for $965 :]

ELO168

First Name
ED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CIVIC TYPE R
Country flag
I got the 8 yrs/100k miles on from Chula Vista for $1689. Thought was not bad, then my friend said he can do for $1500 same warranty.
So called and cancelled it and went with my friend. Pretty sure he can do the same if anyone wants it here in Ca.

bug_slay_R

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 CT-R CW
Country flag
I have the extended warranty but afraid to void it. I live in Los Angeles and want to know if any members in California got away with not voiding the warranty with bolt ons like a BOV or Intake?

rucnok

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R CW
Country flag
Bought my CTR last week. My dealer offered me the 8year/100K for $3000, which I laughed, then marked through it and wrote $2000 "I'll give it to you at cost" to which I laughed again and said no thanks, then he made a kinda of a show about me signing the paper to decline. I was born on Tuesday, but not last Tuesday.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
I got the 8 yrs/100k miles on from Chula Vista for $1689. Thought was not bad, then my friend said he can do for $1500 same warranty.
So called and cancelled it and went with my friend. Pretty sure he can do the same if anyone wants it here in Ca.

Your friend ripped you off, my friend. Saccucis pricing when I bought mine from them back in Feb '18. You basically gave him $400 in commission.

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone bought Honda Care extended warranty for their Type R??? Screenshot_20190619-071657

Last edited:

rucnok

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R CW
Country flag
thank you for posting the hondacare quotes, that's an eye opener

imsaladman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
You can actually call into Honda and cancel directly with them. They'll send you forms to fill out which you'll need to send back with your signature and stuff. I did everything via email wtihin a day or 2. Took like 2 weeks-ish for it to finalize though.

I cancelled what I bought originally and went through collegehillshonda instead for honda care and maintenance plan. Though, I feel like i could have skipped on both of these since I got the mod bug lol.
Can you provide the number that you used to call Honda?