1.5T Anybody have the Depo Racing intercooler kit?

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Just came across it, and it's the lowest price for a complete kit I've seen so far. I know nothing about the company though, and haven't seen anyone post about it.

Anyone have one? Care to share your thoughts? I'm usually cautious of things so comparatively inexpensive, I tend to think the whole "too good to be true" thing, but who knows.
Sponsored

Reactions: Myx

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just came across it, and it's the lowest price for a complete kit I've seen so far. I know nothing about the company though, and haven't seen anyone post about it.

Anyone have one? Care to share your thoughts? I'm usually cautious of things so comparatively inexpensive, I tend to think the whole "too good to be true" thing, but who knows.
There are a few threads on the focus forums mentioning growing pains but overall a bang for the buck product if you are going down that road. I didn't look at the Evo forums

SUL73NAZ

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I have been messaging them to see if I can get an intercooler at a reduced price to share my findings. They are firm in that they are unwilling to drop their price in order for me to share my findings. They do seem very confident in that they make a superior product compared to the big players in the game. He said there are members already buying them. If any members care to contribute or share their findings it would be great. It is nice when vendors share their findings instead of leaving consumers to do their own research. Additionally if someone who had experience with the other brands shared their thoughts. Like when people switch from injen to PRL for instance. Thanks.

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've read the end tanks are copies of the PRL end tanks. You get what you pay for though.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
499 for intercooler and pipes is a steal. Im curious to see how they perform
Of course I'm reading this RIGHT before ordering a PRL intercooler tomorrow (which is on back order until tomorrow **5/15/19**). Maybe this is a sign. :confused: Gonna research this RIGHT NOW.

Thanks for the post.

Edit:
Posting links below for review now and a little later
Depo Racing 3.5" "Son of Beast" Review (Focus ST Review)
Depo Racing Intercooler Logs (Page 10 Starts showing logs)
EvoX Members State their Opinions
EvoX 'Darksun280' Member runs mid 10's with Depo Intercooler
**Note Some EvoX members have parts that didn't come in or had to be modified. Not good**
***Intercooler performance seems to be excellent otherwise**
Genesis Owners complain of Fitment Issues
Fiesta ST guys going nuts over this Intercooler **Skip to Pg 11 for Datalogs**
Subaru WRX Top Mounted DePo Intercooler - See Post #11

Edit #2:
Welp......I think I have read enough on this. Possible parts may come in with missing bolts, screws, etc. There may be fitment issues. Can't advise on getting this. Performance seems to be outstanding though as well as the price. So......I'm sold! So I went ahead and purchased one. :)

Don't expect any data logs or in-depth reviews from me though. I'm lazy to report and that's no fun. I suggest going with a PRL Intercooler that has dyno information and no fitment issues. You can't lose with that. I was going to order a PRL intercooler later today but reading these above links was VERY CONVINCING.

I won't be installing the Depo intercooler as I'm having a shop finished off my 'Myxal SRI-CAI' intake for me so they can install this intercooler if I have it by then. You can't go wrong with the PRL piece. So I'd suggest going with that. Good luck! ;)

Last edited:

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Of course I'm reading this RIGHT before ordering a PRL intercooler tomorrow (which is on back order until tomorrow **5/15/19**). Maybe this is a sign. :confused: Gonna research this RIGHT NOW.

Thanks for the post.

Edit:
Posting links below for review now and a little later
Depo Racing 3.5" "Son of Beast" Review (Focus ST Review)
Depo Racing Intercooler Logs (Page 10 Starts showing logs)
EvoX Members State their Opinions
EvoX 'Darksun280' Member runs mid 10's with Depo Intercooler
**Note Some EvoX members have parts that didn't come in or had to be modified. Not good**
***Intercooler performance seems to be excellent otherwise**
Genesis Owners complain of Fitment Issues
Fiesta ST guys going nuts over this Intercooler **Skip to Pg 11 for Datalogs**
Subaru WRX Top Mounted DePo Intercooler - See Post #11

Edit #2:
Welp......I think I have read enough on this. Possible parts may come in with missing bolts, screws, etc. There may be fitment issues. Can't advise on getting this. Performance seems to be outstanding though as well as the price. So......I'm sold! So I went ahead and purchased one. :)

Don't expect any data logs or in-depth reviews from me though. I'm lazy to report and that's no fun. I suggest going with a PRL Intercooler that has dyno information and no fitment issues. You can't lose with that. I was going to order a PRL later today reading these above links was VERY CONVINCING.

I won't be installing the Depo intercooler as I'm having a shop finished off my 'Myxal SRI-CAI' intake for me so they can install this intercooler if I have it by then. You can't go wrong with the PRL piece. So I'd suggest going with that. Good luck! ;)
Thank you for testing this out!! And please please please post a review on fitment once it gets in. I'm going to wait and see how your install goes before I make my final decision.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for testing this out!! And please please please post a review on fitment once it gets in. I'm going to wait and see how your install goes before I make my final decision.
A review won't be detailed. If it fits nicely, I'll let peeps know. If it doesn't, I probably won't go into a lot of specifics depending on why it doesn't but simply say don't get it and get a PRL. Even still, I don't recommend it as many people has had problems with these in the threads that I posted above. Don't chance it bro. Don't want to waste people time here waiting. :)

In the meantime, it looks like I'll be receiving it sometime middle of next week. The package weighs in at 25lbs. I'm looking around the site now to see how much the stock intercooler weighs. I've seen posts in the threads above that the weight of the Depo intercoolers are usually heavier. Just a thought.

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
A review won't be detailed. If it fits nicely, I'll let peeps know. If it doesn't, I probably won't go into a lot of specifics depending on why it doesn't but simply say don't get it and get a PRL. Even still, I don't recommend it as many people has had problems with these in the threads that I posted above. Don't chance it bro. Don't want to waste people time here waiting. :)

In the meantime, it looks like I'll be receiving it sometime middle of next week. The package weighs in at 25lbs. I'm looking around the site now to see how much the stock intercooler weighs. I've seen posts in the threads above that the weight of the Depo intercoolers are usually heavier. Just a thought.
A yay or nay is good enough for me as far as fitment. I cant justify 800 for an intercooler that will only be on the car for another year. And I have no intentions of parting it out. So 499 is easier to justify as a loss.

Reactions: Myx

N0TYPR

First Name
Abban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
Hopefully someone could purchase the IC and do a review.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
FYI, two suspicious accounts that were both created on Sunday and have posted only about this product have been deleted. (I’m sure we would’ve been asked sooner than later if I didn’t go ahead and post what happened)

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
There are two noticeable variables with the Depo Racing IC:
- Are they constructed with Velocity Fins?
** W/O them, the charge air would slow
- BOTH inlet and outlet are increased to 2.5"
**On a stock turbo, that would be a bit too large (for the Hot side at least)

Price is really good, but that is the only enticing criteria.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not a whole lot to report. Package took about 6 days to get to me from California (I'm on the east coast). Package was wrapped very nicely and packaged very well inside and out. There is no parts list and no instructions. Honestly, I could care less. Pay the extra $300-$400 plus if that is what you need. There are other intercoolers kits that may that include that info. And again, I STILL don't recommend getting this. Get something that you will be happy with and feel good inside purchasing. :p:D I've included some attached pictures below.

If all works out well and the timing is right, I'll be testing this intercooler out tomorrow night at a dragstrip to see how the car performs. Along with my personal SRI with a cold air tube routed up to it (It still won't be purely cold air). So....I am REALLY excited about this. Especially from reading how the intercooler performs from the links I posted above. That's all for now. Good luck with the more expensive intercoolers. :nixon:

Honda Civic 10th gen Anybody have the Depo Racing intercooler kit? Intercooler

Honda Civic 10th gen Anybody have the Depo Racing intercooler kit? Intercooler2

I thought this was a nice touch to packaging. The ends of the intercooler had extra styrofoam attached to the side of the box to prevent any damage to the ends. I thought this was a nice touch. I've never seen this before.
Honda Civic 10th gen Anybody have the Depo Racing intercooler kit? Intercooler3

Honda Civic 10th gen Anybody have the Depo Racing intercooler kit? Intercooler4

I like the beefy hose clamps. I've seen some intercooler setup with that screw type of clamp. Maybe either or is fine. These seem like they'd hold up more with increased boost psi inside the hoses. I have not heard of hoses coming off due to hose clamps not holding up to pressure so. Who knows!
Honda Civic 10th gen Anybody have the Depo Racing intercooler kit? Intercooler5

Honda Civic 10th gen Anybody have the Depo Racing intercooler kit? Intercooler6

Last edited: