Anybody ever trade in their 2016 Honda Civic touring for a Honda Civic Si? What were your loses?

1. Alj888

Alj888 Member

First Name:
    Al
    Car(s):
    2016 Honda Civic touring
    Okay so as some of you have seen I currently have a 2016 Honda Civic touring. Great car don’t get me wrong but CVT! So I’ve been looking at trading it in for a Civic Si sedan!! Wandering if anyone has had an experience similar... what were your loses? Thanks ahead of time

2. Schmullis

Schmullis Senior Member

First Name:
    Schmullis
    Car(s):
    2017 Civic Touring Sedan
    If you flash the ECU on the Touring with the Ktuner and use the dual/21 psi tune, the Touring will be as quick as a stock Si. Also, if you get rid of the OEM tires on the Si and put an Ultra Touring tire, the handling is quite similar. With the Si, you lose the LED headlights and get less adjustable seats. If you like to shift, get the Si. If you want LED headlights, remote start, leather seats and Nav, get the touring. Although, with Waze now working with the factory sound system, I no longer use the factory Nav on my Touring Sedan.

3. unr1

unr1 Senior Member

Car(s):
    L15B7
    Led headlights. That’s something I would definitely miss. And I mean stock led. Not the aftermarket ones that have weak range.

Honda sensing. If you like the convenience of it. Although they do have civic manual with sensing. Just not on the Si yet iirc

It’s really apples and oranges. Manual is something you’ll have to consider in all driving situations.