Any way to stop series of loud beeps when car running and you get out?

lyndean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
I don't think I ever mentioned other brands or models. We're only talking about 2016 models since that's what the original poster has and that's who I was responding to when I asked if he had tried that.

Since the '16 Civic only had a manual on the LX, all other models had an automatic. The other models also had keyless entry, so they all had remote start. I have a 2016 EX sedan and it has remote start.
Sponsored

Almostfast

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Sport Touring
Country flag
The other day mine beeped at me for no reason that I could figure out.
-engine was off
-my gf and I got out
-opened the back door to get my daughter out of the carseat, while my gf took the keys to go unlock the house.

when I closed the back door it beeped furiously at me like it was on fire and 3 smoke detectors were going off simultaneously.

lyndean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
Probably because the key was out of range when you closed the doors. It freaks out if they key is out of range if you have auto-lock turned on.

Almostfast

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Sport Touring
Country flag
Probably because the key was out of range when you closed the doors. It freaks out if they key is out of range if you have auto-lock turned on.
it did it again today when I got out of my car in the garage. (garage door was open, car doors closed, keys clipped on my belt loop)
just when I was about to press the button to close the garage door , it beeped angrily again.

funny enough I expect it to happen most times, and sometimes I will actually talk to it ("are you gonna beep at me now? ok, good.")
and it never does when I say that. only when I don't expect/anticipate it.

PrettyFly4A_Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
So is the concenus that people without remote start are just SOL if they want to warm up their car and not sit in it?

GoodGuyJonb

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
My 2017 Si does the beeping too. I tried pulling the FOB off the key yesterday and left it in the cup holder while I was pumping gas. I went into the store for a few minutes and it was still running (and still there) when I came back out. Can confirm on the no remote start too. I asked about it at the dealership, and got the liability speech.

Swank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was a bit surprised that my Si didn't have remote start as an option in frosty Canada, after market systems have been doing it for well over a decade with manual transmissions, you just have to have the parking break on and not in gear before it will let you set it. I thought it was kinda cool to have it shut your car off automatically when you set it, but it's useless if you forget. Heated garage at home and work now made it a non-issue for me, otherwise I would have added one.

Paramajician

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Civic SI, 2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I was a bit surprised that my Si didn't have remote start as an option in frosty Canada, after market systems have been doing it for well over a decade with manual transmissions, you just have to have the parking break on and not in gear before it will let you set it. I thought it was kinda cool to have it shut your car off automatically when you set it, but it's useless if you forget. Heated garage at home and work now made it a non-issue for me, otherwise I would have added one.
I would love guidance on a reliable company with a remote start for a 2018 Civic Si. So many include May more features than I need. I only need to start my car really.
Sponsored