scarittagle

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R FK8 / Audi S5 Sportback
Country flag
To be honest I don't like the GC solution (NO I DONT WANT TO SWAP THE SPRING, most of the function is just lowering heights, not helpful on racetrack)....

So no one is developing camber plate only solution?
Sponsored

JLOracing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Time Attack, 2007 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda fit Sport World Challenge TCB, 2012 Honda Fit Sport daily, 1996 Honda Civic Coupe endurance road race, 1999 Honda Civic Hatchback rallycross, 1971 Datsun 510 Coupe project track car
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To be honest I don't like the GC solution (NO I DONT WANT TO SWAP THE SPRING, most of the function is just lowering heights, not helpful on racetrack)....

Camber plate won't gain but a tenth or 2 of more camber than the stock adjustment due to the size of the stock spring within the shock tower. I do know a slotted lower ball joint is coming soon though.

toraider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR FK8
Country flag

Aside from GC. I contacted Raceline who said they don't sell their Camber plates, they made them for their team only.

Then I found these:

I emailed them and did not receive a response, so I don't know if they are available or not.

EVS Tuning has them as well. Perhaps @Randizzle88 can chime in as to the availability of their plates.

JLOracing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Time Attack, 2007 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda fit Sport World Challenge TCB, 2012 Honda Fit Sport daily, 1996 Honda Civic Coupe endurance road race, 1999 Honda Civic Hatchback rallycross, 1971 Datsun 510 Coupe project track car
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Aside from GC. I contacted Raceline who said they don't sell their Camber plates, they made them for their team only.

Then I found these:

I emailed them and did not receive a response, so I don't know if they are available or not.

EVS Tuning has them as well. Perhaps @Randizzle88 can chime in as to the availability of their plates.
Yep, I used the AMR plates for a few months. They made me some front sleeves as well to test spring rates. Their wording is a little hard to understand saying it works with stock strut, but also list a perch for 2.5" spring which is what must be used, not stock. I will also add there is a real clearance issue with the lower spring perch on the stock shock clearing the chassis. I had to cut mine to get clearance for more camber which would not be possible with stock spring either.

Honda Civic 10th gen Any updates on Camber plate? 1124172017

Honda Civic 10th gen Any updates on Camber plate? received_10155301171684007

OP
OP
scarittagle

scarittagle

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R FK8 / Audi S5 Sportback
Country flag
Yep, I used the AMR plates for a few months. They made me some front sleeves as well to test spring rates. Their wording is a little hard to understand saying it works with stock strut, but also list a perch for 2.5" spring which is what must be used, not stock. I will also add there is a real clearance issue with the lower spring perch on the stock shock clearing the chassis. I had to cut mine to get clearance for more camber which would not be possible with stock spring either.

1124172017.jpg

received_10155301171684007.jpeg
so AMR's solution still requires non-OEM Spring.

JLOracing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

fk84life

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 Civic Type R
Glad I found this thread via google. I ordered the AMR Engineering front camber plates for my FK8. They happen to be doing a batch of them right now, so my timing was perfect. So happy that this thread popped up! If anyone else is looking for a pair, they are doing a batch of camber plates right now. Can't wait to get a bit more camber out of the car. I'm on Swift lowering springs at the moment.

fmoua916

Nothingbettah2do
First Name
Fong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r agean blue
Country flag
Just to let you know with springs and top guild pins off I’m at -1.7 degree and with the amr top camber plates the most you can add is -0.3 since the most is -2.0 before the shocks rub the body of the car. To me is not worth $400 just to add -0.3 degrees of camber

DPL8

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
acuityinstruments.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 3388
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Glad I found this thread via google. I ordered the AMR Engineering front camber plates for my FK8. They happen to be doing a batch of them right now, so my timing was perfect. So happy that this thread popped up! If anyone else is looking for a pair, they are doing a batch of camber plates right now. Can't wait to get a bit more camber out of the car. I'm on Swift lowering springs at the moment.
Did you end up getting them?

How are they ?

RONNIE_K.N

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Did you end up getting them?

How are they ?

I know this thread is old but maybe this might help someone to not buy their product. I've been going back and forth with someone that has little man syndrome at AMR Engineering. Their customer service totally sucks and they provide all the comments on why our techs suck and how we fucked up.

To make a very long story short, I ordered their product from Balladesports.com because when AMR Engineering sent emails to everyone wanting notification to be part of their new batch orders, balladesports hit me up because they had a couple left. No problem, so I ordered a set from the company. On their website it stated these camber plates were made for the FK8 that were running Swift Springs. Perfect! I went ahead and ordered because I didn't want to run the eibach springs that came with ground control.

Once I get the order in, I had my Honda master tech install their product at the dealership. Mind you they didn't include any instructions and sent a few pictures over email to lead by example. On their pictures it shows the install with the top hat completely removed from the strut tower as they installed it. Which didn't seem right but I figured it had to be removed anyway.

Once we installed this on my car, it looked exactly as their install. So leaving the dealership I was making my way to Chewerks to have Robert line me up. On the way there, on every bump there would be a huge knock from one of the struts to the frame. I drove there slower and had him take a look. I showed him the pictures of the install and we compared this to what AMR Engineering had sent. He stated something had been missing just by looking at how the strut tower lined up from the top. You could see through the frame into the bay as if the top hat was suppose to be there. I had him remove it and install back to my stock set up.

We tried to get the left camber plate off and one of the studs became stripped from the plate. I was there for the install. The techs didnt over torque the nut to the stud. So I have no idea how it could have stripped. I hit up AMR to send over new plates because it seemed like we had a faulty product. They insisted we had Hulk working over here that stripped the stud and said that they'll only send a new stud. It's been nearly two months since I've gone back and forth and haven't received anything. What I'm more worried about is if I get a new stud, that the install would lead to the knocking issue I had earlier.

Save your time and money and get Ground Control. Less headache. And you don't have to deal with the bs. Ffs...

Honda Civic 10th gen Any updates on Camber plate? 20200508_200807

Honda Civic 10th gen Any updates on Camber plate? 20200508_192441

Honda Civic 10th gen Any updates on Camber plate? amrfk8camberplates6

Honda Civic 10th gen Any updates on Camber plate? amrfk8camberplates

Honda Civic 10th gen Any updates on Camber plate? amrfk8camberplates2

Honda Civic 10th gen Any updates on Camber plate? amrfk8camberplates5

Honda Civic 10th gen Any updates on Camber plate? amrfk8camberplates3

Honda Civic 10th gen Any updates on Camber plate? amrfk8camberplates7

Honda Civic 10th gen Any updates on Camber plate? amrfk8camberplates4