Any rumor is getting hatch manual with more options?

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a Sport 6 speed on ordered but cancelled it because of the lack of options available.

I went back by the dealer and looked/drove the car again and I really like it and I think I am going to pull the trigger. Before I do I wanted to make sure there was no future plans of being able to get more options with a manual.

I know the Accord Sport now has a SE model with a few more options, wondering if the Civic will get the same treatment.
Sponsored

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I had a Sport 6 speed on ordered but cancelled it because of the lack of options available.

I went back by the dealer and looked/drove the car again and I really like it and I think I am going to pull the trigger. Before I do I wanted to make sure there was no future plans of being able to get more options with a manual.

I know the Accord Sport now has a SE model with a few more options, wondering if the Civic will get the same treatment.
i had the same worry (lack of options), but I love my Sport 6MT and don't really miss the options, especially the very buggy 7" screen.

I think you might see a few options added 2nd year, otherwise probably at mid-model change. I wouldn't wait, and I highly doubt you'll see a manual EX or Touring hatch next year.

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
I can't imagine a touring model would come in manual because Honda Sensing is standard and wouldn't work with a 6MT.

Nanucq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 HB Sport Plus 6MT White
I can't imagine a touring model would come in manual because Honda Sensing is standard and wouldn't work with a 6MT.
And you're wrong :) My Sport Touring (with sensing) is a 6MT. The Sport Touring will arrive with official Civic 10 launch in Europe, in March ;)
In France, the "Sport Touring" is a called "Sport Plus", it's basically a full option model (without Leather and rear heated seats), with the bodykit of a Sport and 17" wheels.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Manual hatch with more options? Why yes, it's called "Type R". :)
(Wish it was called "Si", but what can ya do...)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I think Honda's packaging on the Civic and the hatchback especially really doesn't make any sense. Mazda 3, Golf, Focus, Elantra etc., all let you have the option of a manual and amenities on their cars. It's as if Honda is saying only a small few would want options like a better stereo or a sunroof or safety features with their stick shift. Franky, it's not a smart decision.

Something like 1/3 of all Mazda 3's are bought with manuals. Hyundai expects about 30% of buyers to choose a manual in their new turbo Elantra Sport. I'm not sure why they Honda is limiting us to the CVT for the most part although I guess it's to hit some EPA mileage target.

Sucks.

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
And you're wrong :) My Sport Touring (with sensing) is a 6MT. The Sport Touring will arrive with official Civic 10 launch in Europe, in March ;)
In France, the "Sport Touring" is a called "Sport Plus", it's basically a full option model (without Leather and rear heated seats), with the bodykit of a Sport and 17" wheels.
Touche. How does Active cruise work with a manual car? or pre-collision? does it just stall the car?

DeftSalmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In land of hockey and poutine (Canada) you may purchase a Sport Touring with 6MT. Not sure how easy it would be to import, but might save some money given the exchange rate, but i am no expert.

Maybe an option if you want more options??
Sponsored