JESFromASC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2015 Silverado, 2007 Rabbit
Country flag
Just bought an R down here in Anderson SC. Any groups nearby? Is the Spartanburg Cars & Coffee still a thing?
Sponsored

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Did you pick your car up from Piedmont Honda by any chance? They had two CW Type Rs when I was there last week. I bought one of them, and they still had one left on the lot.

OP
OP

JESFromASC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Aye, that would be me.
I snagged the black 2018 with 4440 miles on it.
I assume you grabbed the white one then?
We did a 230 mile shake down yesterday (Anderson to Stone Mountain GA and back) and I'm impressed.
Learning curve from a Miata is going to be a little steep ---
Once the turbo kicks in it gets scary fast scary quick.
Not exactly what I would call fast out of the gate but once she gets going...
See you at C&C next Saturday?

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
They actually had two new CW CTRs, and the black 2018 CTR. I actually bought the first CW 2019 off the show room, so they still had the other CW R and yours available. Small world for sure! I haven't been to a C&C meet before, but I'll plan on being there. I've got a buddy with a 10th gen SI who will probably come as well. What time do you plan on heading up there?

I came from a similar roadster background (previously owned an S2000, then a 2018 STI) and it is a big change moving to a powerful sedan like the CTR. I've been really enjoying it, though. It amazes me how balanced and nuetral the CTR feels around corners, even compared to the AWD STI with full suspension setup (coilovers, LCAs/toe arms, sway bars, etc). Honda worked some miracles with this car.

OP
OP

JESFromASC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm not sure of exact plan for C&C but will be shooting to arrive shortly after 8 when it starts (assuming the weather is nice). I haven't been myself in two years but the last time I saw some great stuff. A near mint original VW GTI among them!

Yeah even seriously tweaked the Miata might have been running at half of what the R is for HP. Of course the R is probably near twice the weight but still... certainly no turbo on my 1.8 Miata. Truth be told I could run a SCCA hillclimb course and rarely, if ever touch the brakes! Low HP, good grip and shifts was all it took.

Looking forward to Saturday!

Have you checked out: https://www.facebook.com/groups/468...if_id=1560382040466148&notif_t=group_activity

Last edited:

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Sounds good, I'll definitely be there on Saturday. I'll probably show up a bit later in the morning... 8 AM is a bit early for me on a Saturday lol

I hadn't seen that group, but I just sent a join request. I'll make sure my buddy with a 10th gen joins as well. Thanks for the heads up!

OP
OP

JESFromASC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Only heading up so early because it is held in a parking lot...
I'm told that people tend to leave pretty early once the sun is fully overhead.
I'm sure I'll hang for at least an hour.

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R ABM
Anderson here as well not a lot of R’s in this are. Hope to see you guys around.
Sponsored