Any problems with Eibach Sportlines in snow?

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi guys, first post here after lurking for a while now. I've seen a bunch of threads about the Pro-kit and Sportlines but haven't seen anything about snow. I live in the Toronto area and have a 19 Hatchback Sport. Any of you guys made it through at least one winter with Sportlines?
Sponsored

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
save some money go for coilovers, so u can adjust for winter time and winter tire set ;)

dgordon7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX - 6MT
Country flag
DaiLo, our 10th gens are low to begin with. If you're in Toronto, and don't venture north, then you could be okay with the sportlines. But snow tires would be very well advised. If you live outside of Toronto, and depend on the car for work etc, then the prokit would be the way to go. I'm an older fan of small cars, (late 50's) and have done this before on other rides. If we get a big snow, either way you'll need to wait for the plows. If I go with lowering springs, it will be the prokit. I've got an LX though, not a performance car but it's great and I love it. :) Hope this helps.

if you depend on the car then snow tires are key. The higher clearance with the PKit will keep you moving if a major snow event does arrive. And coilovers are non-starters if you drive in the salt and snow. Fair weather or track options only - let alone the alignment and suspension setup issues.

Last edited:

piterek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2010 Subaru Forester, 2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Country flag
Also live in the GTA. I ran HFP suspension on my 8th gen, which dropped the car about an inch. My winter tire set was stock size (205/55-R16) and I found that it was hard to clear packed snow and ice from wheel wells. This past winter, the ice was packed bad enough for the wheel to partly tear off my front splash guard.

Thinking I will just keep this same set (steelies) for my 10th gen hatch. Thinner and overall about 1/2" smaller in diameter... will look fugly though. I might break and buy something nicer next year.

Also thinking of a spring swap... but will opt for Si springs to keep the drop to minimum.
Sponsored

Last edited: