Any other parts to change when installing a Downpipe?

LittleFoot

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys, I have a 2018 Hatchback Sport, I'm making of list of what I would like to do to it when it comes to mods, and I was wondering if I would need to get anything else then a after market clutch to compensate for the increase power when having a downpipe and Tune installed on it.
Sponsored

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Clutch will be the number one thing to hold you back in the future. With a Stage 2 Tune, when I put on the FP and DP, I was slipping at any type of aggressive acceleration. I'm waiting for my Spec Inc Stage 3 to be delivered so I can finally put the power back down.

OP
OP
LittleFoot

LittleFoot

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Clutch will be the number one thing to hold you back in the future. With a Stage 2 Tune, when I put on the FP and DP, I was slipping at any type of aggressive acceleration. I'm waiting for my Spec Inc Stage 3 to be delivered so I can finally put the power back down.
Okay awesome, would an intercooler upgrade be required you think? As the temps would be higher as well.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Okay awesome, would an intercooler upgrade be required you think? As the temps would be higher as well.
I haven't needed one yet. I'll be upgrading to the 27Won FMIC once it's announced as I plan on also going with their Turbo Upgrade.

OP
OP
LittleFoot

LittleFoot

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't needed one yet. I'll be upgrading to the 27Won FMIC once it's announced as I plan on also going with their Turbo Upgrade.
Awesome thank you!

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
The 10th gen runs high temps and gets heat soaked easily. Intercooler and piping won't net you a lot of power but will definitely help with the longevity and reliability of the car. Specially if your like me driving all over the place in this south FL heat

Stupefyer

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Definately make sure you got a Ktuner or Hondata to maximize the gains from the downpipe. Also depending on which DP youre getting, you can also disable the p0420 codes that might show up. Clutch would probably be the next step. Also make sure you unplug your battery while youre installing your downpipe so that it resets the ECU. Even with my ECU flashed, my car ran very sluggish after I installed my DP. But once I disconnected the battery for about 10 mins, the car drove a lot better.
Sponsored