Any North Carolina CTR buyers?

PowerOfDreams2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 CRX Si, 1994 Civic EX Sedan, 2016 HRV EX-L, 1998 Civic Hatch DX, 2017 Civic Type R #593
Country flag
I don't believe I've seen anyone from NC buying a CTR. I may be wrong. I thought it'd be nice to discuss your CTR journey. If so, what dealership are you going with? What colors are they getting? Any tracking information available?

I've had my $5000 deposit down since March and still have no info. No color, no timeframe, ship date, quantity, or anything. Any news for NC buyers on here?
Sponsored

y4ngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB CTR
Country flag
Yes, I live in Charlotte and I've so far contacted close to 30 dealerships. I am on a few lists and I'll have to wait to see who get's one in that I can purchase in the color I want (blue/black). Let me know if you have any insider info :)

OP
OP
PowerOfDreams2017

PowerOfDreams2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 CRX Si, 1994 Civic EX Sedan, 2016 HRV EX-L, 1998 Civic Hatch DX, 2017 Civic Type R #593
Country flag
Yes, I live in Charlotte and I've so far contacted close to 30 dealerships. I am on a few lists and I'll have to wait to see who get's one in that I can purchase in the color I want (blue/black). Let me know if you have any insider info :)
I will. I've talked to a few dealers in Charlotte and no one at the time would take a deposit. I've emailed my salesman to see if we could go over our agreement and to see if he has any more info on how many they will be getting and what colors too.

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I put down a $500 refundable deposit on the first CTR at a local dealership in November of 2015 for MSRP (in writing). Zero confirmation on color or ETA yet, but my sales rep requested white from the regional Honda rep many months ago.

My dealership has been pretty awesome to this point & they swear it is company policy to never charge ADM, but my cynical side still expects something to go wrong.

I will be happy to share their contact info as soon as I sign sales documents for MSRP on a color that I can live with. If they get black, I will probably pass, but I'm certain there are a few in line behind me already.

Last edited:

y4ngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB CTR
Country flag
I put down a $500 refundable deposit on the first CTR at a local dealership in November of 2015 for MSRP (in writing). Zero confirmation on color or ETA yet, but my sales rep requested white from the regional Honda rep many months ago.

My dealership has been pretty awesome to this point & they swear it is company policy to never charge ADM, but my cynical side still expects something to go wrong.

I will be happy to share their contact info as soon as I sign sales documents for MSRP on a color that I can live with. If they get black, I will probably pass, but I'm certain there are a few in line behind me already.
I'm willing to put a deposit down on a black one right now. Let me know if anyone knows of a dealership who will be receiving a black one.

OP
OP
PowerOfDreams2017

PowerOfDreams2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not really an update, but my salesman just called me and said that we just got an Si in today. He said it was a Rally Red sedan. But anyway, he said he talked to the truck driver and he said the R is supposed to arrive next month. I asked him if we were still good on price as far as MSRP is concerned, and he just kind of said yes and no. He said the price might be a little higher than MSRP because it may have some accessories on it already. So, we'll see I guess.

Boba Debt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Long Bed, 2017 WRX STi
Country flag
I stopped by Parker Honda in Morehead City, NC to let them know about the leaked sticker price and they told me they wil be marking thiers up $5000 so I got my deposit back.

I can wait till 2018 and get exactly what I want.

foxxdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#0817 CTR
I've been calling all around the Charlotte area recently and no one has been saying they're taking deposits just yet. Hendrick on South blvd mentioned auction, Scott Clark said be ready for a huge markup(plus a 20 person waiting list), Concord said they were holding their first CTR as a showroom piece. Priority in Huntersville didn't really know anything at the time.

I haven't expanded my search too far yet, but if anyone finds a good MSRP (or close) dealer definitely let me know.

OP
OP
PowerOfDreams2017

PowerOfDreams2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've been calling all around the Charlotte area recently and no one has been saying they're taking deposits just yet. Hendrick on South blvd mentioned auction, Scott Clark said be ready for a huge markup(plus a 20 person waiting list), Concord said they were holding their first CTR as a showroom piece. Priority in Huntersville didn't really know anything at the time.

I haven't expanded my search too far yet, but if anyone finds a good MSRP (or close) dealer definitely let me know.
Yeah, that's what they tell me too. I've tried Charlotte, Asheville, Winston etc. and no one is taking deposits either. We bought my wife's HR-V at Scott Clark and they were pretty good to deal with. The communication could have been better, but overall not bad. I called them one day and they said they would take a $500 deposit. After we drove an hour and a half to make the deposit, the prick of a salesman said no deposits. He put me on a "list" and after correcting my phone number he screwed up he said "you know this is going to be a $50k car right?" "You better make sure you don't have any other debts before you come in here to buy the car." I felt like I knew more about the car than he did. He said "this is going to be like buying a Ferrari or the Mugen sedan that came out a few years ago." I said yeah the only made like 3000. "it was more like 10,000" The overall experience with him left me pretty pissed. I hate when salesman talk down to you when they have no idea what they're talking about.

Honda_Scott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
I stopped by Parker Honda in Morehead City, NC to let them know about the leaked sticker price and they told me they wil be marking thiers up $5000 so I got my deposit back.

I can wait till 2018 and get exactly what I want.
Don't go to Parker Honda. They over price pretty much all there cars.

Boba Debt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Long Bed, 2017 WRX STi
Country flag
I had a NC Honda salesman tell me last night that this car is going to be in the $50k range because its a prototype that has never been sold before, Honda is only selling 600 and they will not be any after 2017.

I told him they have been sold in the UK and Japan and he denied it so I just said thanks and hung up.

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Integra GS-R (sold). 2000 Integra Type R (sold). 2017 Civic Type R.
Country flag
No dealers in the southeast are showing up yet on the Honda iN for the CTR. Looks like we're the last region to get info. I'll post as soon as I see GA/AL/TN/NC/SC/FL on the in-tranist report.

OP
OP
PowerOfDreams2017

PowerOfDreams2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No dealers in the southeast are showing up yet on the Honda iN for the CTR. Looks like we're the last region to get info. I'll post as soon as I see GA/AL/TN/NC/SC/FL on the in-tranist report.
Great! Thank you!!
Sponsored