1. Guest, see the CivicX Forum Rules and User Agreement before posting.  After reading click here to dismiss this notice →
    Dismiss Notice

Any Non Si/TypeR owners here track their cars?

Discussion in 'Tracking / Autocross / HPDE' started by imcrspy, Nov 30, 2018.

1. imcrspy Member

First Name:
    Allen
    Car(s):
    2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
    I've basically been racing all my adult life up until the past few years where work just started taking up most of my time. Now that things are starting to get a little slower and I have some funds, I decided to start hitting the track again. I'm currently setting up my Hatchbac Sport for Street class in Grid Time Attack. I was wondering if there are other owners in the same boat as me tracking their non-si/typer. What's your experience been like? What's the mod that's had the biggest impact on helping you drive more comfortably?

I chose the FK7 over the FK8 because it's nearly 300lbs lighter and a more low key daily. I'm in the process of installing a front helical MFactory LSD and Wilwood 6 pot BBK up front. Already have whiteline front and rear sway bars and am looking for coilover options. I'm planning on keeping the engine stock besides KTuner and Oil Cooler/Radiator. I do have a 2000 Subaru 2.5RS with a v7 sti drivetrain swap that I may get more serious with but for now i'm really loving my FK7.

Anyways would love any input/feedback from fellow owners about their track experience, especially anyone that is looking to be competitive in time attack or other forms of racing.

2. Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON Senior Member Elite Sponsor

Featured Threads:
    President, Founder, Racer, Enthusiast
    Home Page:
    First Name:
    Vincent
    Car(s):
    17 HBS, 18 SI
    Garage Profiles:
    We track all of our cars.

imcrspy thanked this.