Any Good Leads On R’s in/near Texas?

RadioFlyeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V EX
After a loooooonng time visiting these forums as a person just watching from the sidelines, I finely decided to join the fray as I ramp up my search for my own R. I’m lost out in the middle of nowhere in West Texas (by Midland/Odessa) for those of you familiar with the state, and have been looking for an R since basically August.

I came across a couple of deals in October/November that were at/near MSRP, but due to work conflicts (and a 700 mile drive one-way) none of them came to fruition. I shut my search for a few months as I paid the rest of my school loans off, and now that I have I’m ready to make dream into reality. Or at least, I hope.

I’m pretty firm on the sticker price being the deal, which I know limits the spectrum quite a bit still, but I’m definitely willing to travel. I’ve been searching NM, OK, TX, LA, AR...and it seems like the well is pretty dry at the moment. I know Denton has one, a black one, but they’ve got about 5k of basic add-ons on it. And even though I graduated from UNT, and the sales guy said he’d work with, they didn’t seem too keen to talk sticker yet.

Which is why I’ve decided to reach out to this community, because I know there have a been a few success stories of folks helping other folks out. It may be a long shot, but it’s better than nothing. My first color choice is definitely PMM, which I got to see in person for the first this weekend (the sales manager of Honda of Midland, where we picked up the misses new CR-V drives it :() but black is definitely seeming like the more like outcome.

If anyone has any info/tips/tricks that they can pass along in my search, I’d be ridiculously grateful! You guys are a wealth knowledge, and hopefully I can tap into just a bit more of that. Thanks for anything you can offer!!
Sponsored

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Yeah, if you find local for a small markup just buy it. The extra cost and time you waste bringing back a car from the other side of the country balances out. You have to decide if it’s more important to stand on principle or actually buy a Type R. You’ve already burned through half a year.

Last edited:

CTR_FK8_00436

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR / 2011 Civic Hybrid
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

scoobysnack

First Name
no
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2008 Volvo C30, 2009 Infiniti G37
Country flag
If anyone has any info/tips/tricks that they can pass along in my search, I’d be ridiculously grateful! You guys are a wealth knowledge, and hopefully I can tap into just a bit more of that. Thanks for anything you can offer!!
If you do take the plunge make sure you get the numbers in writing before leaving the house. Let them know you're coming and get a commitment w/numbers in email. Even this isn't water tight but it should be considered a minimum before traveling. I only went an hour and a half to get mine and I was still very worried they would change the terms when I arrived. Luckily they honored their written agreement with me.

DevilDoc8542

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R Polished Metal Metallic #9206, 2018 Ford F 150 Raptor Lead Foot Gray
Honda of Denton has a black CTR with no ADM!! There are a few accessories the dealership put on, but if I remember correctly the sticker price was just under $40,000.

You might want to give them a call:

Honda of Denton
4050 S Interstate 35 E
Denton, TX 76210
9(940)-257-2509

sysjl

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2014 Subaru Outback
Country flag
Honda of Denton has a black CTR with no ADM!! There are a few accessories the dealership put on, but if I remember correctly the sticker price was just under $40,000.

Honda of Denton
4050 S Interstate 35 E
Denton, TX 76210
9(940)-257-2509
I'm actually going to head over there today when they open to pick up my plates. I can look at the tag and see how much the accessories are. The one I bought from them in December had $2500 in accessories but they kept dropping the price, interest rate and payments when I tried to leave multiple times, but I will preface that my credit score at the time was pretty high (830s) and it was end of the month and end of year and they really wanted to sell the thing.

DevilDoc8542

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R Polished Metal Metallic #9206, 2018 Ford F 150 Raptor Lead Foot Gray
I'm actually going to head over there today when they open to pick up my plates. I can look at the tag and see how much the accessories are. The one I bought from them in December had $2500 in accessories but they kept dropping the price, interest rate and payments when I tried to leave multiple times, but I will preface that my credit score at the time was pretty high (830s) and it was end of the month and end of year and they really wanted to sell the thing.

The CTR might be a good deal b/c it’s almost the end of the month (hard to believe how fast this year is going). I was in Honda of Denton yesterday and was shocked at no ADM!! But I think you are right about how many accessories they installed to get closed to the 40K mark. I remember seeing at least window tint and some interior illumination, but you might have more time to actually see everything the dealership has done with the CTR. There were signs everywhere about not touching the CTR which I thought was too excessive. One dealership I went to had a CTR on the showroom floor with signs and velvet ropes around it. I thought the vehicle was part of a crime scene.

2018 Honda Civic Type R #9206 Polished Metal Metallic, 2018 Ford F-150 Raptor Lead Foot Gray, 2017 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Go ManGo

sysjl

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2014 Subaru Outback
Country flag
The CTR might be a good deal b/c it’s almost the end of the month (hard to believe how fast this year is going). I was in Honda of Denton yesterday and was shocked at no ADM!! But I think you are right about how many accessories they installed to get closed to the 40K mark. I remember seeing at least window tint and some interior illumination, but you might have more time to actually see everything the dealership has done with the CTR. There were signs everywhere about not touching the CTR which I thought was too excessive. One dealership I went to had a CTR on the showroom floor with signs and velvet ropes around it. I thought the vehicle was part of a crime scene.

2018 Honda Civic Type R #9206 Polished Metal Metallic, 2018 Ford F-150 Raptor Lead Foot Gray, 2017 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Go ManGo
$38184. Accessories are car cover, illuminated door sills, wheel locks, cargo mat, all weather mats

OP
OP

RadioFlyeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V EX
$38184. Accessories are car cover, illuminated door sills, wheel locks, cargo mat, all weather mats
Yeah, I’ve been in contact with the sales guy over there. Maybe I’m holding out for something that won’t come, but if I am paying over, it’s probably only for PMM. I like the Black, I do, but not enough to fork out what is basically 2.5k in adm. Plus, and maybe it’s just me, but the way they approached the deal was just a bit goading to me.

But I do thank you for your time to even drop by and report back on the final price, as well as a couple of the mentions up top about final sales in writing before taking a long trip. At this stage I’m just going to have to get a bit lucky I believe, and I’m still (for now) okay with that. I’d love to think Midland/Odessa or Lubbock would get some more allocated, but I don’t believe they’ve had any since the initial run. Guess we’ll see the next 4-8 weeks bring, and if not having one by then changes my mindset. Much appreciated though guys!!

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag

Honda of Denton
4050 S Interstate 35 E
Denton, TX 76210
9(940)-257-2509
The heck? I paid less than that out-the-door *with* some ADM. And a bunch of accessories.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
That is not $3194 worth of accessories. Not even half that. You're still paying ADM in heavily marked-up accessories.

DevilDoc8542

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes it seems the accessories salesperson is making a killing if he or she is charging full price for the accessories plus the cost of labor for installing them.

But back to original post, I don’t know if or when we will get anymore CTR’s in the D/FW Metroplex. The closest CTR’s I found were south of us in San Antonio, Austin, and or Houston and really sure most will have an ADM.

Any luck looking in Oklahoma or New Mexico?

OP
OP

RadioFlyeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V EX
Yes it seems the accessories salesperson is making a killing if he or she is charging full price for the accessories plus the cost of labor for installing them.

But back to original post, I don’t know if or when we will get anymore CTR’s in the D/FW Metroplex. The closest CTR’s I found were south of us in San Antonio, Austin, and or Houston and really sure most will have an ADM.

Any luck looking in Oklahoma or New Mexico?
OKC has a RR if I’m not mistaken, can’t recall the exact dealer though. As picky as it may be to say, I don’t like red, as a color, so I’m not too interested in that one. That’s the only one I’m aware of in OK.

As far as NM, I’ve looked countless times; and they always have one or two, almost certainly one in Albuquerque for whatever reason, but those dealerships have been holding on to pretty big ADMs (5-10k). Which I found strange given NM’s more rural placement, with the exception of ABQ. As was mentioned in one of the “sticker” posts, it’s very interesting how Honda is deciding which dealers get more R’s.

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag