ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Any gains/benefits dyno tuning a stock CTR vs the off the shelf calibrations Hondata offers?
I'm currently running the hondata 93 octane tune but feel it's too conservative down low. I dont drag race I just would like the power to come on sooner. Any idea what I can expect?
Sponsored

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
You will notice a good gain just from the 93 octane with improved throttle response

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Any gains/benefits dyno tuning a stock CTR vs the off the shelf calibrations Hondata offers?
I'm currently running the hondata 93 octane tune but feel it's too conservative down low. I dont drag race I just would like the power to come on sooner. Any idea what I can expect?
Should be night and day difference.

OP
OP
ExVTEC

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
You will notice a good gain just from the 93 octane with improved throttle response
I already have the 93 octane tune. My question is will an actual dyno tune show gains over the 93 octane tune.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Run full power throttle for starters. Make sure it’s power you want and not throttle input. If indeed it’s power look for a tuner. But even then the way the power comes on, it’s not like a hellcat or v8.

OP
OP
ExVTEC

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Run full power throttle for starters. Make sure it’s power you want and not throttle input. If indeed it’s power look for a tuner. But even then the way the power comes on, it’s not like a hellcat or v8.
I know it wont be like a hellcat just look for more power down low. My previous car a 2016 Jetta 1.8 with a JB4 felt better. The power was more useable. How do I run full power?

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
I know it wont be like a hellcat just look for more power down low. My previous car a 2016 Jetta 1.8 with a JB4 felt better. The power was more useable. How do I run full power?
FlashPro > mods > pick “throttle improved response full power”
Sponsored