Any evidence that the 2.0 is detuned/overrated?

Zerostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit, Honda CR-V
Country flag
I have seen a few posters on these forums speculate that the 2.0 is detuned and is in fact over-rated by Honda as far as Horsepower numbers go. Is there any truth to that? Has there been any dyno's of the 2.0? Are they in line with other 155-ish 2.0 K-series hondas (i.e. Base RSX and ep3 civic Si)?
Sponsored

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
if the 1.5 is in fact 173 or even better, than the 2.0 is definitely is only a few hp behind it in my butt dyno. i would say it is de-tuned to keep it from interfering with the turbo market. just today i got a turbo 6 speed, cumming from a 2.0 6 speed

OP
OP
Zerostatic

Zerostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit, Honda CR-V
Country flag
if the 1.5 is in fact 173 or even better, than the 2.0 is definitely is only a few hp behind it in my butt dyno. i would say it is de-tuned to keep it from interfering with the turbo market. just today i got a turbo 6 speed, cumming from a 2.0 6 speed
I didn't understand what you posted. Are you saying that the difference is small or large between the 2.0 and 1.5t?

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
i guess i was trying to convey(not very well) that i believe the 2.0 to be 158 hp and that the hp rating of the 1.5 seems to be 173. there has been statements that the hp of the 1.5 is understated. also i think the performance difference is closer than one would think.
both engines exhibit different characteristics acceleration wise. the low end torque is where the 1.5 shines. upper rpm is where the 2.0 needs to be. in a would be race if the 2.0 got a good enough jump on the 1.5 i think the 1.5 would have a hard time killing the 2.0. from what i've seen a tuned 2.0 could just possibly take the 1.5 flat out, i said possibly. after reading for a year how bad ass the 1.5 is, i'm a tad let down, seems to me all those kill stories are just that stories. i am however happy with the 1.5 and it really is about how i expected it to be. i really liked the 2.0 also

disclaimer: strictly talking 6 speeds here. i'm of the mind set that the cvt is just too perfect for acceleration.

Last edited:

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
i guess i was trying to convey(not very well) that i believe the 2.0 to be 158 hp and that the hp rating of the 1.5 seems to be 173. there has been statements that the hp of the 1.5 is understated. also i think the performance difference is closer than one would think.
both engines exhibit different characteristics acceleration wise. the low end torque is where the 1.5 shines. upper rpm is where the 2.0 needs to be. in a would be race if the 2.0 got a good enough jump on the 1.5 i think the 1.5 would have a hard time killing the 2.0. from what i've seen a tuned 2.0 could just possibly take the 1.5 flat out, i said possibly. after reading for a year how bad ass the 1.5 is, i'm a tad let down, seems to me all those kill stories are just that stories. i am however happy with the 1.5 and it really is about how i expected it to be. i really liked the 2.0 also

disclaimer: strictly talking 6 speeds here. i'm of the mind set that the cvt is just too perfect for acceleration.
The 1.5T would smoke the 2.0NA quite easily in all situations jump or not and it isnt even close. Ive seen videos of the 1.5T non Si handily beat last gen 2015 Si in a drag something the 2.0NA wouldnt even come close to doing. Those who think the 2.0NA stands any sort of chance against the 1.5 are delusional.

fabster22

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport 6MT , 2018 Accord Lx
Country flag
Lol, you’d think they would know by now...

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
The 1.5T would smoke the 2.0NA quite easily in all situations jump or not and it isnt even close. Ive seen videos of the 1.5T non Si handily beat last gen 2015 Si in a drag something the 2.0NA wouldnt even come close to doing. Those who think the 2.0NA stands any sort of chance against the 1.5 are delusional.
I’ve beaten both an si and a touring (assumed stock) from a roll, but I have a tune, bolt ons, and about 200 lbs of weight reduction + aero mods.

Tuned it would have been a different story I’d imagine though.

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’ve beaten both an si and a touring (assumed stock) from a roll, but I have a tune, bolt ons, and about 200 lbs of weight reduction + aero mods.

Tuned it would have been a different story I’d imagine though.
This post is irrelevant. Stock for stock the 2.0NA would see nothing but brake lights every single time and I cant even believe this is an argument.

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
Having driven both of them I stand by what I said. You miss a shift is all it would take. The 2.0 will be right there with you if your not on your toes is all I was saying like 2 years ago. Were not taking si neither. The si is just about the same step up as from the std 1.5 as the 2.0 to the std 1.5. Do l have a chance against you. Another debate.

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Having driven both of them I stand by what I said. You miss a shift is all it would take. The 2.0 will be right there with you if your not on your toes is all I was saying like 2 years ago. Were not taking si neither. The si is just about the same step up as from the std 1.5 as the 2.0 to the std 1.5. Do l have a chance against you. Another debate.
Well I disagree. Ive seen the 2.0NA struggle against a Corolla no chance it'll even come close to the 1.5T, but for some reason you've convinced yourself otherwise.

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
Maybe if the driver of the 1.5T miss a shift and put it in reverse, you win
Joking
Sponsored

Last edited: