ANY DIY OWNERS ADDED THEIR OWN SPACERS TO THROTTLE PEDAL?

1. PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter Specific Output

Service Consultant
    Car(s):
    18' Si Coupe WOP-87' Turbo Buick-91' Eagle Talon TSI AWD-17' Accord Sport SE
    I'll be trying this in lieu of the aftermarket spacer. Seems all to simple to pay 100$ for something a few dollars can also accomplish (for the most part). Ill be going on my lunch hour today to aquire needed materials and let yall know if this works out or if its not very confidence inspiring.

2. Xepharyx

Xepharyx Member

Car(s):
    2017 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
    I have the spacer, and can give you approximate dimensions. It's about half an inch to three-quarters of an inch thick, with around 2mm thick washer-like non-threaded holes for the three stock mounting bolts to go through. On top, there are three different sets of three threaded holes for adjustment of the final position of the pedal, provided with a new bolt and a counter-sunk washer in place to hold the throttle pedal. It's definitely possible to make it yourself, but I would be careful getting the fit right, as this is your throttle pedal we're talking about. I eventually just bit the bullet, and was pleasantly surprised at how well-machined the piece was. It is a bit much though.

Let me know if you need more info, I can send you pictures and more dimensions.

3. OP
    PowerPerLiter

Service Consultant
    Car(s):
    Thanks! I am not undermining the spacer as it looks like a baddass piece that's awesomely finished. Also the right part would give more adjustability. Im just wanting to get about the half inch of spacing between the firewall and pedal assembly by longer bolts and a threaded flanged bolt to provide the spacing under the pedal bracket.

I'll let you know if I have any questions.

Im sure I will still purchase the plate when I just want to. More of a trial run for fun with a simple trip to hardware store for me.

4. OP
    PowerPerLiter

Service Consultant
    Car(s):
    Ok found the flaw in my idea. I wrongfully assumed it was bolted to the floor. The studs allow for about just under 1/4 inch of spacing. I did add 3 washers per stud and got 2 full rotations of thread engagement with the nut. Not a big change on face value but my muscle memory tells me it's a marked improvement for 1.38 worth of washers and 5 minutes of my time. They will be staying until I purchase the spacer.

5. RYSBRNR

RYSBRNR Senior Member

First Name:
    Nick
    Car(s):
    2018 Civic Si, 2017 Accord Sport SE, 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
    Please forgive my ignorance but what does this accomplish? Easier to heel and toe?

6. OP
    PowerPerLiter

Service Consultant
    Car(s):
    Yes ideally. The accelerator needs to be raised for not only this but driveability. My small change has helped drastically. The acuity relocation plate HAS to be money extremely well spent!....I want one bad now.

RYSBRNR thanked this.
  7. CivicChina

CivicChina Senior Member

Designer
    Car(s):
    Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
    please post a picture! I already moved the brake pedal down but i still need the accelerator a hair closer, i think your washers can be just right.

8. OP
    PowerPerLiter

Service Consultant
    Car(s):
    okay I will do that later on today for ya soon as I get the chance.

9. coopermidnight

coopermidnight Senior Member

Software developer
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Car(s):
    FC1 Si
    WHY ARE WE SHOUTING

rflkptr and DeftSalmon thanked this.