ANY DIY OWNERS ADDED THEIR OWN SPACERS TO THROTTLE PEDAL?

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
I'll be trying this in lieu of the aftermarket spacer. Seems all to simple to pay 100$ for something a few dollars can also accomplish (for the most part). Ill be going on my lunch hour today to aquire needed materials and let yall know if this works out or if its not very confidence inspiring.
Sponsored

Xepharyx

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
I have the spacer, and can give you approximate dimensions. It's about half an inch to three-quarters of an inch thick, with around 2mm thick washer-like non-threaded holes for the three stock mounting bolts to go through. On top, there are three different sets of three threaded holes for adjustment of the final position of the pedal, provided with a new bolt and a counter-sunk washer in place to hold the throttle pedal. It's definitely possible to make it yourself, but I would be careful getting the fit right, as this is your throttle pedal we're talking about. I eventually just bit the bullet, and was pleasantly surprised at how well-machined the piece was. It is a bit much though.

Let me know if you need more info, I can send you pictures and more dimensions.

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Thanks! I am not undermining the spacer as it looks like a baddass piece that's awesomely finished. Also the right part would give more adjustability. Im just wanting to get about the half inch of spacing between the firewall and pedal assembly by longer bolts and a threaded flanged bolt to provide the spacing under the pedal bracket.

I'll let you know if I have any questions.

Im sure I will still purchase the plate when I just want to. More of a trial run for fun with a simple trip to hardware store for me.

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok found the flaw in my idea. I wrongfully assumed it was bolted to the floor. The studs allow for about just under 1/4 inch of spacing. I did add 3 washers per stud and got 2 full rotations of thread engagement with the nut. Not a big change on face value but my muscle memory tells me it's a marked improvement for 1.38 worth of washers and 5 minutes of my time. They will be staying until I purchase the spacer.

RYSBRNR

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, 2017 Accord Sport SE, 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
Country flag
Please forgive my ignorance but what does this accomplish? Easier to heel and toe?

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please forgive my ignorance but what does this accomplish? Easier to heel and toe?
Yes ideally. The accelerator needs to be raised for not only this but driveability. My small change has helped drastically. The acuity relocation plate HAS to be money extremely well spent!....I want one bad now.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes ideally. The accelerator needs to be raised for not only this but driveability. My small change has helped drastically. The acuity relocation plate HAS to be money extremely well spent!....I want one bad now.
please post a picture! I already moved the brake pedal down but i still need the accelerator a hair closer, i think your washers can be just right.

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
please post a picture! I already moved the brake pedal down but i still need the accelerator a hair closer, i think your washers can be just right.
okay I will do that later on today for ya soon as I get the chance.