Any '17/'18s tried converting to new volume knobs?

Number 215

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Wondering if anybody out there has looked into converting their climate knobs to the new 2019 system where the knobs are used for volume (as they should've been). It would take replacing the A/C panel with the new panel obviously and I'm guessing the infotainment system would have to be switched out ?
Beyond my capabilities to figure out but I know there's tons of smart people on here so....
Sponsored

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking about. The 2019 has a volume knob...but not in place of the climate control knobs. It's a separate knob. The climate controls are on a separate panel from the head unit.
If you want the volume knob, you could theoretically replace the head unit, but then you're talking about $5k which seems crazy to me.

OP
OP

Number 215

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking about. The 2019 has a volume knob...but not in place of the climate control knobs. It's a separate knob. The climate controls are on a separate panel from the head unit.
If you want the volume knob, you could theoretically replace the head unit, but then you're talking about $5k which seems crazy to me.
Oh I see. Yeah the volume knob is now part of the head unit.
Looks like the A/C panel is different though, so it might have to be changed as well.

OP
OP

Number 215

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Ok I started a new thread with appropriate lingo. Thanks for the heads up
Sponsored