MoaRPowah

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I also just got my tsp tune after a year of owning the car and I'm beating myself over it because I should have gotten it so much sooner. Rev hang is mostly gone, the throttle response is so much more immediate, and that turbo lag is so much better. Honestly, it feels like a different car. For 450 bucks, best purchase you can get.

Like you, I've decided to stay in map 2. It's plenty for daily driving and I want to preserve my stock clutch as long as possible until there's a better one out there (looking at you exedy!!). I'd be lying if I said the first day I got it, I did nothing but launch at red-light haha could not help myself.
I 100% agree with you about everything. If there is a downside, it's that my gas mileage might go down a tad because it's so much fun. I really have to control myself and shift around 2500 rpm like I used to, but it's proving very difficult.
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Ktuner makes the car so much better. Also consider changing out the OEM MT fluid to Amsoil Synchromesh MT fluid. So much better shifting and transmission performance

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Ktuner makes the car so much better. Also consider changing out the OEM MT fluid to Amsoil Synchromesh MT fluid. So much better shifting and transmission performance
this is next on my list! Where did you buy the Amsoil from?

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got it straight from the site unless you have someone that is a Amsoil dealer near ya.

This is going to be the next mod for me!

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Online from amsoil.com. $16 a quart, you need 2 quart's. You can change it out every 50k to 150k miles

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si sedan, 2016 Honda pilot
Country flag
That is indeed correct. Best we can do here is 91, so Shell and Chevron only. Someday...maybe someday i can make the jump to some corn power.
My bad bro, I was just making a suggestion. I didn't kno Cali only had 91. I'm in SE Louisiana, we have 93 everywhere but can't get fricken e85

OP
OP
MoaRPowah

MoaRPowah

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
My bad bro, I was just making a suggestion. I didn't kno Cali only had 91. I'm in SE Louisiana, we have 93 everywhere but can't get fricken e85
No worries at all man. I am so jealous of you guys that can get 93. Luckily, the Chevron down the road from my house has e85. When I get gas, there's always Evos and WRX's at the E85 pump. When they take off, I smell the sweet aroma of power lol.

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si sedan, 2016 Honda pilot
Country flag
Ya see, that makes me jealous af. They do have e85 in Louisiana, it's just an hour and a half drive. So it isn't logical for me. I'm just gonna have to take my build down a different path. Maybe big turbo upgrade and what not.

Physix805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like TSP doesn't make the TSP stage 1 tune for the 1.5t Hatchback. .. only the Si models right.? If so that sucks balls man.

CGMIXN

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CIVIC SI
Country flag
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share yet another TSP Stage 1 tune experience \ review. For reference, I have had my 2017 Si for about 2 months and it has almost 27k miles. The car was purchased from Honda and it was certified used vehicle.

Only "mods" I have done to it is tint and resonator delete. Otherwise, it is bone dry stock.

Ok, so in stock form, I was already very happy with the way the car performs. Not blown away, but it was a very fun and satisfying daily driver. After getting Ktuner 1.2 and flashing the car with the TSP stage 1 tune, now I'm blown away. The difference is night and day in regards to power delivery, smoothness of the delivery and no more rev hang. I can simply just pass cars on the freeway with ease. It makes passing maneuvers more confident and so much easier.

I have tried all 3 maps and have settled on the 2nd map without sport mode as my go to day to day tune. In everyday driving, knock control is between .49 and .53 in all conditions, such as stop and go, street and freeway. This is with 91 octane fuel.

I don't drive super aggressive, but I do some 3rd gear and 4th gear pulls here and there when the road opens up and the difference from stock tune to TSP tune is very very impressive. No clutch slip on hard 3rd or 4th gear pulls at all. At this point, I don't even need to switch to map 3 and turn on sport mode. The tune is so good that map 2 on normal is all I need.

Anyway, just wanted to share my experience. If anyone is on the fence with getting the TSP stage 1 tune, I would highly recommend it.
How in the world did you get your tsp stage one file I bought the ktuner V2 touch from TSP and have been waiting for days to get the file from TSP with no response? Maybe I've been blacklisted by being a new customer.

CGMIXN

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CIVIC SI
Country flag
My other issue is maybe TSP does not give the file for free with purchase of ktuner anymore and thats fine however my si was manufactured in December 2018 but sold to me in march 2019 calling it a 2019 so which file should i buy? Any help would be much appreciated as im not having any luck emailing or messaging TSP. I just want to get my file and flash. The only mod i have is my k&n typhoon intake which i love. Thx.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like TSP doesn't make the TSP stage 1 tune for the 1.5t Hatchback. .. only the Si models right.? If so that sucks balls man.
Currently yes. But, TSP is working on a Stage 1 tune for non-Si's so no more ball sucking soon.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
My other issue is maybe TSP does not give the file for free with purchase of ktuner anymore .
Wait, what?

Ok, I just checked the TSP website and they are still advertising their TSP stage 1 tune as being included. Hope things work out.

Last edited:

wwmisc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Hatchback 6M
Country flag
Currently yes. But, TSP is working on a Stage 1 tune for non-Si's so no more ball sucking soon.
@gtman Did you hear this from TSP? And I'm assuming you had to have bought KTuner from TSP in the first place in order to receive the non-Si tune if/when it becomes available?

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@gtman Did you hear this from TSP? And I'm assuming you had to have bought KTuner from TSP in the first place in order to receive the non-Si tune if/when it becomes available?
Myx is helping test one now
Sponsored