First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
  • Banned
Trying to get more exposure to this shop that makes kits for Camaros and Challengers down in San Diego. I emailed the ZL1Addons.com shop inquiring about our Civic Type R. They have 1 Honda in their product history, and it's the '18 Accord. Not sure how much different is is to ours, but I personally prefer accurate measurements. Reviews online for their products seem to be quite excellent. Tons of videos on YouTube from people including the shop crew.

Anyways, they responded back to my email and needing a car for custom fitting. Any San Diego people might be interested? It could be a cheaper (and cleaner) option to Rally Armor. Personally I don't like how big they are and the rally look they give doesn't match our R. Perhaps we can have one developed with a much more minimalist look with no company logo.

Honda Civic 10th gen Another Rock Guard Option? upload_2019-3-25_21-16-14-

Pics from their '18 Accord rock guard.
Honda Civic 10th gen Another Rock Guard Option? new3_1024x1024

Honda Civic 10th gen Another Rock Guard Option? new2_1024x1024

richy_rich619

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 335i
Country flag
Trying to get more exposure to this shop that makes kits for Camaros and Challengers down in San Diego. I emailed the ZL1Addons.com shop inquiring about our Civic Type R. They have 1 Honda in their product history, and it's the '18 Accord. Not sure how much different is is to ours, but I personally prefer accurate measurements. Reviews online for their products seem to be quite excellent. Tons of videos on YouTube from people including the shop crew.

Anyways, they responded back to my email and needing a car for custom fitting. Any San Diego people might be interested? It could be a cheaper (and cleaner) option to Rally Armor. Personally I don't like how big they are and the rally look they give doesn't match our R. Perhaps we can have one developed with a much more minimalist look with no company logo.

upload_2019-3-25_21-16-14-png.png

Pics from their '18 Accord rock guard.
new3_1024x1024.jpg

new2_1024x1024.jpg
I’m in San Diego! I feel the same way about the rally armor flaps as well. It’s too much flap for me but at the same time you somewhat get your money’s worth??

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
  • Banned
I’m in San Diego! I feel the same way about the rally armor flaps as well. It’s too much flap for me but at the same time you somewhat get your money’s worth??
Considering what other shops or companies could provide for similar product, getting your money's worth is more like what you are willing to fork over. I suppose in my case, I'm not willing to pay for something that doesn't completely fit my taste/preference if I could help it.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
I would be interested in these guards. They should give you a free set, or at least a discount, if you bring in your car for measurement since they can add these to their product lineup. I’d do a group buy, and even chip in with other interested posters to buy you the flaps for taking the time to take measurements for us!

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
  • Banned
I would be interested in these guards. They should give you a free set, or at least a discount, if you bring in your car for measurement since they can add these to their product lineup. I’d do a group buy, and even chip in with other interested posters to buy you the flaps for taking the time to take measurements for us!
Probably some kind of incentive for doing them the favor get a product line going. Group buy would be nice too. Some low sub youtubers say that they are 'working' with this shop, so exposure is mostly their social media plan.

neveronline

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current '19 CW CTR #23856 & '18 Accord 2.0T Previous - 2015 WRX, 1999 SI, '04 S2000, '08 Evo X, '10 SI sedan, '11 Fit Sport, '11 WRX, '13 ILX
Country flag
I like the look of those, do we think this is going to happen? If so I will hold out, otherwise I will go with RA

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
  • Banned
I like the look of those, do we think this is going to happen? If so I will hold out, otherwise I will go with RA
No movements so far as you can see by this thread. I've also posted in a SoCal Type R Facebook group but still no interest

neveronline

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current '19 CW CTR #23856 & '18 Accord 2.0T Previous - 2015 WRX, 1999 SI, '04 S2000, '08 Evo X, '10 SI sedan, '11 Fit Sport, '11 WRX, '13 ILX
Country flag
Well that sucks . Looks like a great product that would be nicer than the alternatives

Rasy

First Name
Rasy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW #15337
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Someone local to them please help them out with measurements! Always looking for more than one option when it comes to aftermarket parts.

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
We may have a volunteer from FB that will try and get a hold of them Monday. We'll see.

boyguan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
Just make your own. We use to go to Home Depot and buy the office floor molding and cut it to fit. Super easy and cheap.

Or go to tap plastic and have them cut some 1/16 black abs.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
Just make your own. We use to go to Home Depot and buy the office floor molding and cut it to fit. Super easy and cheap.

Or go to tap plastic and have them cut some 1/16 black abs.
Can you post some pics of the mud flaps you have made that way?

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485