Another muffler delete success....i was so hesitant....so glad I did.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
It is so mellow and sounds GREAT. Just enough noise increase and definitely deeper tone. Not at all raspy. I kept the resonator and everything else is stock. Even the shop was surprised. Car is much easier to shift and drive overall because you can actually hear something!

Definitely how they should have come factory.
Sponsored

Last edited:

waterudoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI HFP, 3V Mustang, G37xS
Country flag
All the muffler delete hate is so overplayed. It's totally fine unless you've never had an aftermarket/custom exhaust system.
First gear, around 2000 RPM, keep tapping the throttle lightly and the car sounds like rolling thunder

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
All the muffler delete hate is so overplayed. It's totally fine unless you've never had an aftermarket/custom exhaust system.
First gear, around 2000 RPM, keep tapping the throttle lightly and the car sounds like rolling thunder

The videos definitely dont do it justice. Not rice burner at all. Hardest part was making that cut! I am genuinely mad that I almost didn't do it. Adds much enjoyment. If anyone reading this is like me and on the fence about this....just do it!!!

Best 40$ I ever spent.

I feel bad for those that had to develop exhaust for these cars considering what they sound like with just this done.

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 2018 VW Atlas
Country flag
Do you have an after pic of your system?? Did you keep the stock HDMI tip?

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All I had them do for now, because i didn't like the pricing for more elaborate ideas, was dock it at the main single collector before it splits off into the two mufflers...one cut right where the stock was welded...removed as an assembly in case I wanted to revert back to stock. Welded 2 hangers to the end of the remaining pipe to factory rubber mounts which were right there. It blends with the chassis when and if it can be seen. If I dont try a vibrant 1040 (afraid it will be too quiet again but maybe) Ill go somewhere to have it "finished" off with the stock hdmi tip.

May just go ahead and put a v band clamp there to start creating my own version of quick change exhaust.

Last edited:

Friction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome, just slap a turn down tip on it and leave it.

I wish I could hear this in person before doing it. I do want to maintain a relatively quiet car but just a little more volume would be nice. I recently put the stock catback on my evo but its still pretty loud due to all the mods.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
That will make a sooty mess but nobody sees under there anyway. A tip pointing down may help a bit. Otherwise looks like a smart place to cut. Any idea what the weight was of the removed portion?

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I wish I could hear this in person before doing it. I do want to maintain a relatively quiet car but just a little more volume would be nice. I recently put the stock catback on my evo but its still pretty loud due to all the mods.
I was right where you are. Heard someone else's and that essentially sold me on it. I still waited about 2 months before pulling the trigger but that is only because I didn't take him up on the offer to drive his and see how I liked it. Had I driven it I would have done it sooner. I am a 30 yr old service adviser at a Lexus dealership.....trust me I wouldn't be talking about it if it was even close to embarrassing.

Nothing at all like an open exhaust 4g as far as boom.

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That will make a sooty mess but nobody sees under there anyway. A tip pointing down may help a bit. Otherwise looks like a smart place to cut. Any idea what the weight was of the removed portion?
Lighter than it looks. Probably 25lbs roughly maybe more maybe less. Ill try and weigh the whole assembly.

Yeah as far as the design I pretty much had to figure out this end result "on the spot" because they didn't make any suggestion's. All I could think was keep it reversible in case I didn't like it, turned out exactly how I wanted for now, only one thing I personally would have done differently after looking at it is 1 solid bar used for the mount.

And I know itll try to be black under neath.

Last edited:

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
Do you have experience with turn downs? I was entertaining doing the delete with turn downs but I wonder if it would make exhaust super obnoxious.

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have experience with turn downs? I was entertaining doing the delete with turn downs but I wonder if it would make exhaust super obnoxious.
they make a negligible difference. more for soot direction.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I love my muffler delete. So does everyone who gets in the car.

I went a different route though. I had them literally just remove the mufflers so mine is two pipes splitting off from the main pipe and then those meet back up at the HDMI tip.
Sponsored