Annoying rattle noise while listening to music at a moderate level!!!

Priceless_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST 2007 Silverado 2500HD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I've noticed an incredibly annoying rattle coming between the door panel and the dash! It starts to rattle even with the slightest amount of base playing in a song and the volume will only be set around 20ish! All I have to do is squeeze my finger between the two panels and it'll stop. Has anyone else had this problem??? I'm open to any possible solutions to make it stop! If nothing else, I'm going to put a small piece of door seal foam on the side of the dash and hope it works.

Honda Civic 10th gen Annoying rattle noise while listening to music at a moderate level!!! IMG_8235.JPG
Sponsored

omens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you ever find a solution to this? My rattle is in the exact same spot as result of the exact same thing with music, except on the passenger side.

Of course the dealer can’t replicate it because it doesn’t always happen, seems to only be over the course of music playing for a while and then the rattling generally starts.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Did you ever find a solution to this? My rattle is in the exact same spot as result of the exact same thing with music, except on the passenger side.

Of course the dealer can’t replicate it because it doesn’t always happen, seems to only be over the course of music playing for a while and then the rattling generally starts.
Easy way to find ALL the rattles cuased by your music playing ...

see

https://www.civicx.com/threads/sub-...stead-of-turning-down-bass.27837/#post-468207
https://www.civicx.com/threads/sub-...stead-of-turning-down-bass.27837/#post-468207
And once you use this technique to identify where the rattle is coming from, if you cannot fix it yourself, you can make it happen continuously at will, even in front of the Dealer.

azyriel

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Stick your finger inbetween the door jam right in the center of the picture you took. If it stops while you do that, then just put some simple rubber and tape it somewhere inside that gap. Simple fix (I have the same rattle.)

XLR8TOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T coupe, '00 Trans Am 'vert, '98 Dakota R/T
Country flag
Stick your finger inbetween the door jam right in the center of the picture you took. If it stops while you do that, then just put some simple rubber and tape it somewhere inside that gap. Simple fix (I have the same rattle.)
Yeah that’s where I can stop my rattle. I have some “camper tape” that I used on a previous vehicle to eliminate a vibration. It’s basically foam tape that’s sticky on only one side. About 1/8” thick... think I got it at VatoZone

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Ya know, I initially isolated the source of my rattle to the spot between the door and the dash but then for no apparent reason, I grabbed my A pillar and it seemed like that was the actual source. Not sure how to fix that. My rear speaker deck also rattles horribly at anything above a whisper. My in car rattle experience has been shit-tastic so far on a 3 month old car.

Spacesloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Ya know, I initially isolated the source of my rattle to the spot between the door and the dash but then for no apparent reason, I grabbed my A pillar and it seemed like that was the actual source. Not sure how to fix that. My rear speaker deck also rattles horribly at anything above a whisper. My in car rattle experience has been shit-tastic so far on a 3 month old car.
To fix the A pillar rattle is pretty easy. Just pop out the “srs” cover and there is a screw behind it. Pull the cover away from the a pillar, one clip in the center and it pulls out. I added a little Tesa tape on the cover where it makes contact with the dash. As for the rear shelf if you get some foam window tape you can shove it between the glass and rear shelf which should eliminate that unless your center seat mechanism is rattling too like mine was.

jedi-dad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Hi All. My 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback is doing exactly the same thing. Very odd that this doesn't affect both sides. It's only the driver side.

Can someone post a picture of where the rubber tape (or other fix) was placed? I live in Texas where it gets very hot in the summer. Would the tape used stay put in that 100+ degree heat of the interior?

civictrooper

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wondering if anyone has rattle by back window like a vibrating noise when the bass hits on any song if if volume isn’t that loud I check when the music was playing notice it’s right by the end of the rear glass I think the plastic is hitting a little when I push down it doesn’t do it I’m wondering if anyone got any tips on how to make it disappear or is it due to the plastic just getting wroped from sun light

jedi-dad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Wondering if anyone has rattle by back window like a vibrating noise when the bass hits on any song if if volume isn’t that loud I check when the music was playing notice it’s right by the end of the rear glass I think the plastic is hitting a little when I push down it doesn’t do it I’m wondering if anyone got any tips on how to make it disappear or is it due to the plastic just getting wroped from sun light

I've seen what you described shared on YouTube. Search there and you will find it plus how to fix, I believe.

touringhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2018 Touring Sport Hatch
One of the local dealers in my area told me they did a recall for this because enough people complained about it; was mainly on the 2016 models and some 2017. He said if you bring it in to your dealer they should know exactly what you're talking about and how to fix it - they'll put some insulation or something beneath the panel to raise the panel a bit and make it touch the back window to stop the rattle.

civictrooper

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One of the local dealers in my area told me they did a recall for this because enough people complained about it; was mainly on the 2016 models and some 2017. He said if you bring it in to your dealer they should know exactly what you're talking about and how to fix it - they'll put some insulation or something beneath the panel to raise the panel a bit and make it touch the back window to stop the rattle.
Really thanks man going to my dealer next day off

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
So I've noticed an incredibly annoying rattle coming between the door panel and the dash! It starts to rattle even with the slightest amount of base playing in a song and the volume will only be set around 20ish! All I have to do is squeeze my finger between the two panels and it'll stop. Has anyone else had this problem??? I'm open to any possible solutions to make it stop! If nothing else, I'm going to put a small piece of door seal foam on the side of the dash and hope it works.
Hey guys, my first post on this site. I actually had exact same issue with my 2018 HB and just got it fixed this weekend by the dealer. *Thank you comprehensive warranty*

Apparently there was a broken clip inside the door that "originated from the manufacturing line." They also added extra foaming in between, and now the rattle is completely gone!

Exact same situation as me, rattle was on the passenger side.

omens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys, my first post on this site. I actually had exact same issue with my 2018 HB and just got it fixed this weekend by the dealer. *Thank you comprehensive warranty*

Apparently there was a broken clip inside the door that "originated from the manufacturing line." They also added extra foaming in between, and now the rattle is completely gone!

Exact same situation as me, rattle was on the passenger side.
Was it easily replicated at the dealership? I downloaded a frequency app that seems to replicate the noise every time now, so I’m hoping that works when I head back to the dealership next time.

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Was it easily replicated at the dealership? I downloaded a frequency app that seems to replicate the noise every time now, so I’m hoping that works when I head back to the dealership next time.
Yeah, I just played them a couple of songs I had noted on my phone that caused rattling. But a frequency app should be far superior in getting the message across.
Sponsored