n9yty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I think the answer is probably no, and I think I’ve seen this asked already but I can’t find the answer... if you replace the stock headunit these Android radios, like the often mentioned Phoenix, does it send turn information to the dash? I like how the factory unit does this even when using Android Auto, so you can be viewing audio or other screens but not miss your turns. LoL
Sponsored

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think the answer is probably no, and I think I’ve seen this asked already but I can’t find the answer... if you replace the stock headunit these Android radios, like the often mentioned Phoenix, does it send turn information to the dash? I like how the factory unit does this even when using Android Auto, so you can be viewing audio or other screens but not miss your turns. LoL
I don't know about aftermarket units, but the rooted head unit while using Waze does not show it on the dash like Android Auto does.

OP
OP
n9yty

n9yty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I read some threads about possibly finding/extracting the Honda navigation stuff so it could be installed on a rooted headunit, but don't think I ever saw if that was possible or done... Seems that would be maybe the only way to get an app to do it since it is designed to. :) I do use Android Auto mostly, I really like having that info pop up there, but it is nice knowing it is there as a fallback to just have it on the headunit screen if needed...

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I read some threads about possibly finding/extracting the Honda navigation stuff so it could be installed on a rooted headunit, but don't think I ever saw if that was possible or done... Seems that would be maybe the only way to get an app to do it since it is designed to. :) I do use Android Auto mostly, I really like having that info pop up there, but it is nice knowing it is there as a fallback to just have it on the headunit screen if needed...
I believe that I have read somewhere that the nav units have an additional sd card slot that the others don't. I still find that for nav I prefer AA over Waze on the headunit. The headunit is just slower in processing information with Waze. The rooted headunit is great for tunerview and I find Netflix to work quite well.
Sponsored