Android Auto volume issues (since Android Pie?)

C0pyCatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Looks like a fix will be coming. The bug was reported to Google and marked as fixed this morning (see: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/117266817 ). Probably have to wait for Nov. update, but at least it's on the horizon. Cheers!
I certainly hope so although I am a bit hesitant to apply any updates due to the fact that I can't go back once I update.
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
November system update did not fix this issue for me (Pixel 2 XL). Hoping next update of AA will do the trick.
I'm on a beta Google Play Services released a few weeks ago, it's solved the issue. Sound decreases when a notification comes in, comes back in a second later, as it should and used to.

ctash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring - Aegean Blue (delivered 12/23/2015)
Country flag
I'm on a beta Google Play Services released a few weeks ago, it's solved the issue. Sound decreases when a notification comes in, comes back in a second later, as it should and used to.
Confirmed here as well, I've been meaning to post about this. Just join the play services beta, anyone can.

C0pyCatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
I believe it's the Pie update, not AA. At least in my situation I was able to clearly prove Oreo worked and Pie didn't.
agreed, I had the same issue and was able to get a replacement phone from Verizon. I tested on a Pixel 2XL w Oreo and one with Pie. The issue did not occru with Oreo but did with Pie. I now have the replacement phone with Oreo and the problem is gone. I was able to backup and restore from the Pie phone to the Oreo one.

ctash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
agreed, I had the same issue and was able to get a replacement phone from Verizon. I tested on a Pixel 2XL w Oreo and one with Pie. The issue did not occru with Oreo but did with Pie. I now have the replacement phone with Oreo and the problem is gone. I was able to backup and restore from the Pie phone to the Oreo one.
It's not Android Pie... it's "Play Services"... read back a few comments... the latest Play Services beta fixes the problem:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.gms&hl=en_US

C0pyCatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Ok then can you explain why I was able to troubleshoot and PROVE that it was Pie and not Android Auto?

ctash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok then can you explain why I was able to troubleshoot and PROVE that it was Pie and not Android Auto?
Because the Play Services update which broke it came out with Pie.

If you read the support thread they say it's play services. All you need to do is goto the link I posted and join the beta for the app. Your phone will get the new version and it'll be fixed. Or wait a few more weeks until the beta version becomes the final version.

C0pyCatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Thanks for the info but I think I will wait until I'm absolutely certain it will work. I don't want to upgrade to Pie again until I know for sure because once I do I can't go back. At this point I'ma bit gun shy because it's really effed up when it doesn't work properly.

C0pyCatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
btw fyi, I just took a look and when using the link you posted above from my phone I'm given the option to deactivate AA in the Play Store. That seems to me to say that I already have this beta AA installed on my Oreo phone and everything works fine which is why I'm concerned that upgrading to Pie will leave me in a pickle again. Remember that I restored a Pie phone to an Oreo phone and then back again to a factory default Pie phone to test so unless going back to Oreo removed the upgraded version of AA I am still running it on Oreo and it works fine.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I'm not being shown the Play Services beta - probably because I am not in the USA - but manually triggering an update to the latest version (Nov 6) seems to have reduced, but not eliminated, the issue.

I also noticed Wellbeing (beta) clobbers AA when Wind down kicks in. Hopefully there will eventually be a way to manage whether AA or Wellbeing has priority.
Sponsored