Android Auto unresponsive

kruuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
I've had my civic for about a year. Lately, it's being very unresponsive with text messages, not turning the radio down, appending the word "Message" to the message, from the question that it asks "What is the message" etc. Is anybody else seeing this?
Sponsored

First Name
Saïd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Touring White Pearl
Country flag
I've had my civic for about a year. Lately, it's being very unresponsive with text messages, not turning the radio down, appending the word "Message" to the message, from the question that it asks "What is the message" etc. Is anybody else seeing this?
There is a way to reboot the head unit, such as a the reboot that you do to a cellphone when it's lagging.
Try this first maybe it will resolve your problem

OP
OP

kruuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
There is a way to reboot the head unit, such as a the reboot that you do to a cellphone when it's lagging.
Try this first maybe it will resolve your problem
Thank you but that didn't seem to help.

First Name
Saïd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Touring White Pearl
Country flag
Thank you but that didn't seem to help.
Maybe the issue comes from your phone, use another phone and if it's still acting weird, take it to your dealership if you still have a warranty on it

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
From my Personal Experience - follow my suggestions at your own risk :-

Best way as the Owner, to re-boot the Head unit is to pull the RADIO fuse for like 30 minutes. You will loose a few custom setting,(like saved Radio Stations) but it will reset back to original factory settings.

DO NOT disconnect the battery.. that will reset other electronics in the car that you do not want to reset.

WARNING: Before you pull the Radio Fuse, make sure you have the Radio Enable code.

If you do not know it, easiest thing to do is ask your Dealer to supply it to you, as it should have been supplied to you when you purchased the car.
If all else fails, you can get it with the Radio Serial Number + Vin #, and then with that information, the Honda website will automatically give you the Radio Enable Code.

Yes, its just like a PC or Smart Phone ... after a time, a RESET gets rid of all the old Junk Cached stuff, and allows it to run at the original speed when you 1st got the car .

A reset ever 3-4 months, or like 4 time a year will keep it running well.

If you get the Dealer to mess with it, and try to do Updates etc, chances are they will F it up. and it will never be the same again. Most Dealers are totally CLUELESS about servicing the Radio, and just end up trying to swap it out, with an Old, reconditioned one from Honda USA.... which could be in any used condition.

BallisticSquid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback, 2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
There is a setting in mine (I have a 2019 with the improved head unit with the volume knob) that tells it to reboot every night. It is on by default.

I experienced dropouts and skips when streaming over Bluetooth when I first got my car. I did the "hold the power button down for 10 seconds" method and when it came back up, my issues went away.

I tried to use Android Auto and it failed miserably...VERY unresponsive, probably due to my phone (a Galaxy S5). After messing around with that, I had to reset my head unit to get things responsive again.

OP
OP

kruuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
There is a setting in mine (I have a 2019 with the improved head unit with the volume knob) that tells it to reboot every night. It is on by default.

I experienced dropouts and skips when streaming over Bluetooth when I first got my car. I did the "hold the power button down for 10 seconds" method and when it came back up, my issues went away.

I tried to use Android Auto and it failed miserably...VERY unresponsive, probably due to my phone (a Galaxy S5). After messing around with that, I had to reset my head unit to get things responsive again.
Could you post how you do this?

BallisticSquid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback, 2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Could you post how you do this?
You depress the power button until the head unit goes blank and starts rebooting. It takes about 10 seconds.
Sponsored