Android Auto problems

jedbadda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX
Country flag
Google Maps navigation with Android Auto was working okay when I first got my new 2018 Civic EX, but even a little slow then. Been a couple of months now and seems like it's getting even slower, the map takes like 3-5 minutes to load up, while the screen is just black. If using Gmaps on just my phone, it is ready to go in under 5 seconds.

Have a good USB cable that I use, and even try entering the destination into the app on my phone before plugging in, because typing it into the car screen takes even longer.

I use a Samsung Galaxy s5, everything up to date. Tried posting in the Google Android Auto forum and got no response there. I think this is a very common problem. Any solutions?
Sponsored

blitz68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
My slowness was no where near as bad as yours, but I noticed Android Auto got much faster when I got a new phone 2 weeks ago. I went from LG G4 to Essential Phone (Android 6.0 to 8.1). Might be worth trying it out with a friend's phone. Otherwise try going to setting and clearing cache or re-installing - might help.

Itachily504

First Name
Itachi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean Blue Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Google Maps navigation with Android Auto was working okay when I first got my new 2018 Civic EX, but even a little slow then. Been a couple of months now and seems like it's getting even slower, the map takes like 3-5 minutes to load up, while the screen is just black. If using Gmaps on just my phone, it is ready to go in under 5 seconds.

Have a good USB cable that I use, and even try entering the destination into the app on my phone before plugging in, because typing it into the car screen takes even longer.

I use a Samsung Galaxy s5, everything up to date. Tried posting in the Google Android Auto forum and got no response there. I think this is a very common problem. Any solutions?
I got a 2017 si with a galaxy s7, everything works fine. The only time it didn't work was when I had to update android auto, Google map and other Google Apps that the unit told me to do. Try updating your apps? Best of luck

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My slowness was no where near as bad as yours, but I noticed Android Auto got much faster when I got a new phone 2 weeks ago. I went from LG G4 to Essential Phone (Android 6.0 to 8.1). Might be worth trying it out with a friend's phone. Otherwise try going to setting and clearing cache or re-installing - might help.
Clearing your cache is a great idea. Settings > Apps > Maps > Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache. I'd uninstall AA, then clear cache, reinstall AA.

I had a Note 4 when I got my car 2 years ago. I had no issues with speed.

My biggest issue is the random disconnects. I've tried 3 different quality cables, nothing makes a difference. Oh well, small price to pay for "free" navigation.

IcyStorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Because both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay run off their respective devices, their performance can be highly dependent on your device. Maybe your phone's just getting old.
Sponsored