Android auto not working

MyShadow462

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Android auto will not start up when I connect my samsung s10 plus to the car. My s8 plus phone connected fine. I tried a new cable, tried going into developer settings as suggested by some sources. Nothing is working. Could someone please assist me?
Thanks
Sponsored

alphanu22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18CTR#6640 19CivicHB-Tour 12PilotEXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Android auto will not start up when I connect my samsung s10 plus to the car. My s8 plus phone connected fine. I tried a new cable, tried going into developer settings as suggested by some sources. Nothing is working. Could someone please assist me?
Thanks
Open the Android Auto app before plugging in to the USB?

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
You are using the correct USB port, right?

Also, make sure you have the AA app installed on your phone. Try unlocking the phone with the app running and plug in the cable.

eagles13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I have a OnePlus 7 pro and what fixed it for me was going into USB settings and clicking USB tethering.

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I have a OnePlus 7 pro and what fixed it for me was going into USB settings and clicking USB tethering.
was just gonna say something like this, on some phones you have to toggle the USB Mode to be in the right mode to support Android Auto.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On my new phone AA will not wake it up, I have to plug it in, then wake the phone up and then it loads.

Dwight

Banned
Banned
First Name
Delon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
Thanks
Restart your head unit after turning on your car and restart your phone ...then try again

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 civic hatch ST,
Country flag
I had the same issue. Go into the settings in your cars head unit and make sure your phone is enabled and not disabled. Mine somehow got disabled it it wouldn't work. Gave me the error code all the time.

alias Igme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo 156, Honda Civic (1.5t hatchback)
Country flag
I experienced something similar where even after restarting the head unit, the phone that I used before is still not detected. Here's what I recall doing before I was able to use it again - I don't know which of the steps really fixed it.

1) removed the phone from the list of phones in the head unit under car play/android auto
2) restarted the phone and head unit
3) paired again.

Also check your cable - I am using a magnetic cable and had experience where one of the phones is not connecting properly without pushing it a bit. changed the cable/bit and it works on both phones again.

omalleyman

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Type R
Country flag
Had a similar issue with a new phone. I disabled Dex and it has been working since.

miketeg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk7 2k18 / DC4 2k1
Country flag
My Android Auto just stopped working few days ago. I have a 2018 Civic Hatchback

I have a Huawai P30 Pro and it was working A1 since many months.

Here's what I did / try :
Change cable for the one in my Girlfriend 2019's SI that is working : No luck
Tested Samsung S7 from the job : WORK
Tested Samsung S8 of my GF : WORK
HeadUnit : Reset from factory : Not Working
Reinstalled AA on my Huawai : Not working
Tested my phone in the 2019 Civic SI of my girlfriend, with MY and her cable : Work

If I go to the AndroidAuto phone list in the HeadUnit, my phone is not shown and system tell me that no phone is connected.

I trried all three modes on my phone (USB, FIle transfer, Midi) and no luck.

So clearly, there's something not working between my phone and the headunit. Is it possible that my HeadUnit version's not compatible with the latest Android Auto version or the latest Huawai software ? I do not remember having an software update on my Huawai lately to be honest.

If the problem is the software in my headunit, is there a way to update it without visiting the dealer ? I saw many tread on this forum, but there's no link to download software or whatever (the only one that has a link is from 2018...)

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Are you using the alternate skin for the head unit? I always had problems with that. I think the original default skin is more stable.

miketeg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk7 2k18 / DC4 2k1
Country flag
Are you using the alternate skin for the head unit? I always had problems with that. I think the original default skin is more stable.
Thanks for your reply, as stated, my Headunit has been "reset to factory settings" before all theses tests and I did not change anything.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
i wish Honda would offer software updates for the head units. Would be nice
Sponsored