Android auto desyncing

xxmorpheus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Rallye Red
Country flag
Hello guys, android auto is desyncing for me randomly saying "unsupported" then disconnecting. I am using a usb type c and a galaxy note 8.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored

lucho707

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Hello guys, android auto is desyncing for me randomly saying "unsupported" then disconnecting. I am using a usb type c and a galaxy note 8.

Any suggestions?
I am using a Note 9 in my car, had that same message a few times. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it started working again. Stopped seeing the message once my Note had a few updates. If that doesn't work, i would try removing Android auto and un-pairing it to your car. Then reinstall it and re-pair it again. Good luck

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag

Any suggestions?
I had that problem then I got a Note 9 and that fixed it.

DamonS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX
Got it quite often. A lot of times it would happen when I have Waze running and a book playing.. It'll start to stutter, then go to the unsupported device screen.

I would just reboot my phone and all was well. Now I have a new phone and haven't seen it again in a few days, but time will tell. Plus, my new phone reboots itself once a week, so maybe its just doing its own preventative maintenance.

japan617

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
I have a Motorola Z2 Force and Android Auto would disconnect too even after I restarted the head unit and my phone. Went back to Bluetooth instead. Pretty disappointing they couldn't get it to work reliably.

BlueLdr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Sedan (ABM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This has been happening to my Galaxy S8 a shit ton over the past couple weeks, and it's quite infuriating. Unplugging/replugging doesn't help, all software is up to date. I'm gonna try installing an older version of AA via ApkMirror and see if that helps.

OP
OP
xxmorpheus

xxmorpheus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Rallye Red
Country flag
This has been happening to my Galaxy S8 a shit ton over the past couple weeks, and it's quite infuriating. Unplugging/replugging doesn't help, all software is up to date. I'm gonna try installing an older version of AA via ApkMirror and see if that helps.

Please let me know how it goes, its fkin ridiculous.

Jeezer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 civic hatch ex, '90 civic ef hatch b16a1, '95 a32 maxima vq35de
Country flag
Any update on this? My note 8 is having the same problems.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Any update on this? My note 8 is having the same problems.
Actually, I had the same problem on my old S8, and I found the charging port became "loose" after a while because of all the plugging in and out with the factory charger. The issue went away with my S9+ and has yet to reoccur. (Hope not)
I actually solved the S8 problem by using this beauty here:
Anker Powerline+ II USB-C to USB-A Cable (6ft), for Samsung Galaxy S10 / S9 / S9+ / S8/S8+/Note 8, LG V20/G5/G6, iPad Pro 2018 and More (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G12WYCG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_5AnNCbK4HB2YR
(Not the same one as they changed it after a year, but same company)
Great price and perfect for the car.

Btw, I am absolutely in love with my S9+ being I switched from Apple years ago. The phone is now a year old and I am still in love! Best phone ever!!

Jeezer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 civic hatch ex, '90 civic ef hatch b16a1, '95 a32 maxima vq35de
Country flag
Actually, I had the same problem on my old S8, and I found the charging port became "loose" after a while because of all the plugging in and out with the factory charger. The issue went away with my S9+ and has yet to reoccur. (Hope not)
I actually solved the S8 problem by using this beauty here:
Anker Powerline+ II USB-C to USB-A Cable (6ft), for Samsung Galaxy S10 / S9 / S9+ / S8/S8+/Note 8, LG V20/G5/G6, iPad Pro 2018 and More (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G12WYCG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_5AnNCbK4HB2YR
(Not the same one as they changed it after a year, but same company)
Great price and perfect for the car.

Btw, I am absolutely in love with my S9+ being I switched from Apple years ago. The phone is now a year old and I am still in love! Best phone ever!!
I've actually noticed that it seems to happen more with different cables. I've tried 3 different ones but I guess I'll get a nicer one for my car.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
I've actually noticed that it seems to happen more with different cables. I've tried 3 different ones but I guess I'll get a nicer one for my car.
Yeah especially when you rest the phone with the charging cable resting on something. That also gave me some problems.
Sponsored