android auto and audio question

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
I hope this isn't a stupid question, but I am having trouble with android auto and audio source selections.

When I have my phone plugged in and have android auto on, if i select "audio" from the car's infotainment it takes me to the android auto audio menu. How do i access siruis XM (not the app on android auto) or my thumb drive for music?
Sponsored

Arcam

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
I am unsure of the answer to your question but I noticed on mine that Spotify does not appear as an option for music when using Android Auto, it used to do andwould normally appear as one of the options. Perhaps teh answer to your question my give me an isue on how to fix mine :)

r712

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R (FK8) | 2017 Fit (GK5)
Country flag
You have to exit Android Auto and go to the Honda menu (the one you see if your phone isn't plugged in) and hit 'source' in the upper left corner. Should be able to select a media type (AM/FM/XM, bluetooh, phone, usb, etc.) from that menu.

If you're not sure how to exit Android Auto, that action should be available from the right-most icon in the bottom tray.

Putrid Pete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, Scion FRS
Country flag
You can easily change sources with the up and down buttons on the steering wheel controls.