And another new Si owner

lucke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Coupe, 2007 LBP S2000, 2017 MLP CR-V Touring
Hey all, I got my '17 ABM coupe around Thanksgiving last year. 1200 miles so far and love the car. I originally got it to alleviate some soreness in my back from having to daily my '07 LBP S2k. I'm finding that the Si is just so easy to drive compared to the S2k. Since I have my S2k, I decided to lease the Si, and I don't plan on modding it much (if at all). The only things that are on my radar are lighting upgrades (HIDs and LED fogs), tint, auto dimming rearview mirror and probably the Acuity pedal adjustment. This isn't my first Si (previously had a '92 Prelude Si), but it is my first Civic Si.

I've been lurking around here for a while, but decided to start participating in the conversations. So Hi everyone!
Sponsored

OP
OP
lucke

lucke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome!

Is it worth tinting a lease since you're giving it back to them?
I guess it's personal preference, but a few reasons why I'm going to do it... I hate having people be able to look at me while driving and with the right tint, it can really help with keeping the car cooler in the hot summers. Additionally, on the off chance that I purchase the car after the lease, it's already there.

250GTCalifornia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Personal preference, indeed.

I just figured since you can resell the rest of the purchases, but the tint just adds resale value for the dealership.

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What's your opinion on VTEC vs the turbo? I know there are still some purists out there who say the turbo will never match the glory that is the 8th gen Si, but it just seems so much more practical (to me) to have the torque up front. I've never driven a car with VTEC, so I can't say for sure.

P.S. Welcome! I suggest you show us your ride.

Phylanx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 CRV, '17 Si Sedan
Country flag
I came from an FA5 and still miss the old VTEC screaming to the 8k redline. New Si definitely has more midrange punch and a much more usable torque range, but it became too refined / quiet for my taste. They could have made it a tad bit louder stock.

OP
OP
lucke

lucke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's your opinion on VTEC vs the turbo? I know there are still some purists out there who say the turbo will never match the glory that is the 8th gen Si, but it just seems so much more practical (to me) to have the torque up front. I've never driven a car with VTEC, so I can't say for sure.

P.S. Welcome! I suggest you show us your ride.
Both are fantastic for what they are, but both so completely different. My AP2 screams until 8k and just wants to keep going, but the TQ seems non-existent, esp when talking about heat soak in the summer. The Si gets off the line much quicker, but seems to really flatten out at the top, almost feeling like you're losing power in the last half K before redline. In my opinion, the Si seems like a track capable daily driver, where my AP2 seems like it was purpose built for the track, but just so happens that it's street legal as well.