Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
  • Banned
have any of you used amsoil's synchromesh? and if so how does it compare to their 75w90 mtf? how does it compare to GM's (ac delco) synchromesh friction modified? Which one gave you the best results.

while i have pretty extensive experience with amsoil mtf and gm SM, i have never used amsoil' s synchromesh. i know amsoils mtf really sucks in the frigid winter temps.

*Edit: this can apply to your R or any previous Honda youve owned*
Sponsored

diakonia

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, Accord, CRV
Country flag
I took my CTR to my local Honda dealership along with Amsoil Synchromesh transmission fluid for a change out. They told me I would void my engine warranty if I did it, so I didn’t do it.

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
  • Banned
lol at stealerships. if you look at your car funny theyll try to void the warranty

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
What type of climate are you typically in? Will the car see track use at all? In most cases a 75w-80 gear oil is recommended. I'd say Honda MTF is sufficient.

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
honda mtf is very thin i dont think 75w 90 is a good match for it.
i just got some torco rtf

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
  • Banned
does anyone know what is thinner between Amsoil Synchromesh and honda oem mtf? or are they the same?

i know the amsoil 75w90 mtf is pretty thick thats why it sucked so bad in the very cold temps.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
does anyone know what is thinner between Amsoil Synchromesh and honda oem mtf? or are they the same?

i know the amsoil 75w90 mtf is pretty thick thats why it sucked so bad in the very cold temps.
Honda MTF is still thinner

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What amsoil are you guys using? The synchromesh says it is not for lsd

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
honda mtf is like 10w 30 its very thin.
im using torco rtf is notchy when its cold but once its warmed the shifting is like butter.

tylermmorton

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R #1362
Country flag
I can 100% vouch for the synchromesh fluid. I would often get second gear lockout and end up grinding pretty badly. My buddy helped me do the change to Amsoil about a year ago now... I haven't had lockout issues since. I've ordered the Acuity Stage 1 shifter kit and an Alta short shift adapter. I'm going to install it next weekend. I'm hoping this will help keep everything tight and also reduce the throw a little. Not sure if this would improve the lockout/grinding phenomenon for some people, but it's an idea.

Last edited:

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can 100% vouch for the synchromesh fluid. I would often get second gear lockout and end up grinding pretty badly. My buddy helped me do the change to Amsoil about a year ago now... I haven't had lockout issues since. I've ordered the Acuity Stage 1 shifter kit and an Alta short shift adapter. I'm going to install it next weekend. I'm hoping this will help keep everything tight and also reduce the throw a little. Not sure if this would improve the lockout/grinding phenomenon for some people, but it's an idea.
Which are you using? The amsoil synchromesh states on the back of the bottle not for limited slip differentials.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
I took my CTR to my local Honda dealership along with Amsoil Synchromesh transmission fluid for a change out. They told me I would void my engine warranty if I did it, so I didn’t do it.
Changing transmission fluid cannot void the engine warranty lol. That’s like saying I added these brake pads and now they won’t fix my suspension. Don’t let the dealership play you like that.