Amp with DSP

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
If I buy an amp with DSP will that eliminate the need for a LOC and RCA's? The LOC and DSP confuses me. I would usually just put in an aftermarket hu. How do you wire the DSP or LOC do you splice, or is there a connector I can plug into the factory amp connection? Do the factory volume controls/steering wheel controls work?

BTW I have a 18 civci si with the sound system upgrade. I didnt want to upgrade the amp but after I put in some aftermarket speakers the bug bit me.

Looking at an amp like this.
Sponsored

OP
OP
thatlilwhiteone

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
If I buy an amp with DSP will that eliminate the need for a LOC and RCA's? The LOC and DSP confuses me. I would usually just put in an aftermarket hu. How do you wire the DSP or LOC do you splice, or is there a connector I can plug into the factory amp connection? Do the factory volume controls/steering wheel controls work?

BTW I have a 18 civci si with the sound system upgrade. I didnt want to upgrade the amp but after I put in some aftermarket speakers the bug bit me.

Looking at an amp like this.
I got some questions answered through crutchfield. No rcas need with that amp. Connect signal to the amp after the factory amp. Yes volume will still work.
Just posting so I wont forget.

OP
OP
thatlilwhiteone

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
I might get the 4 channel 800watt LC4.800 because my rear speakers are only 4 inches and I can let the factory amp power those. Then I can run my "factory", really aftermarket, sub on one channel and have the other one free. Then when I upgrade to 2 10s I can combine them for 400w. Im not sure though I might still get the 6 channel just for the future.

Antecedence

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic VTI-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I might get the 4 channel 800watt LC4.800 because my rear speakers are only 4 inches and I can let the factory amp power those. Then I can run my "factory", really aftermarket, sub on one channel and have the other one free. Then when I upgrade to 2 10s I can combine them for 400w. Im not sure though I might still get the 6 channel just for the future.
I have got the d-4-800 amp in my civic. It's truly amazing. The interface when connecting with a laptop is brilliant and you can change everything you need. The signal sensing technology works a treat and the amp turns on as soon as the head unit does just by getting the signal from the speaker wires. I also have a dummy amp running from it for the sub and the fact it sends the remote to that amp too is amazing!

I can highly suggest this option to anyone who wants to keep the stock head unit!!

It's extremely worth it to replace the bass loss from the stock eq settings!

OP
OP
thatlilwhiteone

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
I have got the d-4-800 amp in my civic. It's truly amazing. The interface when connecting with a laptop is brilliant and you can change everything you need. The signal sensing technology works a treat and the amp turns on as soon as the head unit does just by getting the signal from the speaker wires. I also have a dummy amp running from it for the sub and the fact it sends the remote to that amp too is amazing!

I can highly suggest this option to anyone who wants to keep the stock head unit!!

Yeah the D4.800 is the one I think Im going to get, I can add a dummy amp later. How hard was it to adjust the setting via laptop? Can you use your phone to adjust the settings? There is a guy on ebay selling the d4.800 for $500 brand new, he said he was a certified dealer but he was not on the audiocontrol website. Im still waiting on a response from audio control, they are closed on the weekend.

Antecedence

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic VTI-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah the D4.800 is the one I think Im going to get, I can add a dummy amp later. How hard was it to adjust the setting via laptop? Can you use your phone to adjust the settings? There is a guy on ebay selling the d4.800 for $500 brand new, he said he was a certified dealer but he was not on the audiocontrol website. Im still waiting on a response from audio control, they are closed on the weekend.
Phone.. no

Laptop. Not too difficult. This is my first time playing with a equalizer to this extent or a dsp. The auto feature to flatten out the sound worked well with a high quality pink noise file playing and then I tampered with the curves and the cross overs to suit my music a little better.

I am sure there could be more I have done but it sounds good to my ear and isn't that the aim?

OP
OP
thatlilwhiteone

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
Phone.. no

Laptop. Not too difficult. This is my first time playing with a equalizer to this extent or a dsp. The auto feature to flatten out the sound worked well with a high quality pink noise file playing and then I tampered with the curves and the cross overs to suit my music a little better.

I am sure there could be more I have done but it sounds good to my ear and isn't that the aim?
Did you install it yourself?

Antecedence

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic VTI-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you install it yourself?
Yep. Was just like a normal amp install. Took a bit to work out how to get the thing to turn on as the switch is under the cover. My friend was swearing black and blue I was stupid not running a remote wire but ate his words in the end.

I am actually going to his place today to do a final level of tuning and gain set for the subwoofer amp as he has actually set up a DSP before.

OP
OP
thatlilwhiteone

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
Yep. Was just like a normal amp install. Took a bit to work out how to get the thing to turn on as the switch is under the cover. My friend was swearing black and blue I was stupid not running a remote wire but ate his words in the end.

I am actually going to his place today to do a final level of tuning and gain set for the subwoofer amp as he has actually set up a DSP before.
where did you get your wiring kit? Local places around me want 120 for the amp wiring kit and the 9 conductor cable. I thought that was a bad deal. One place wanted 300 something plus tax just to install it. Do you have the 10 speaker system, if so what wiring diagram did you use? The diagram for the 10 speaker system has a typo and I dont see anyone mention the typo.

Antecedence

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic VTI-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
where did you get your wiring kit? Local places around me want 120 for the amp wiring kit and the 9 conductor cable. I thought that was a bad deal. One place wanted 300 something plus tax just to install it. Do you have the 10 speaker system, if so what wiring diagram did you use? The diagram for the 10 speaker system has a typo and I dont see anyone mention the typo.
No I only have the basic system. Specifically chose a model without the premium system as I knew I wanted to change everything. I found a car audio place that sold me the stinger speedwire for $7 per meter. The wiring kit I got was 2 gauge kit from aerpro and it was $90 I believe. All AUD.

OP
OP
thatlilwhiteone

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
I want to update this thread.

I bought the d-4.800 amp for $500 on Ebay. I didnt want to do the install so I called a few shops one shop told me 120 for the wires plus 168 for the work. I called another shop and they told me they wont install a pre bought amp. They would sell me that amp for 525 plus install fee, it would be over 800 dollars total. The guy I talked to on the phone tried to tell me I needed a LOC even though the amp had a built in DSP :bs: I called another shop and they told me about 200-250 for the install.. I just said fuck it and decided to do it myself, I never installed an amp before but it was very easy. I bought the Amp wiring kit from knukoncepts OFC wiring 4 guage it came with more stuff than I needed for $60. I was going to use 9 conductor wire but it was only 18 guage and I needed 10 wires not 9. So I bought 25ft of 10 different colored 16 awg wires off ebay for 27 dollars.

I wired in the front speakers and the Sub only. I left the rear speakers on the factory amp because I have a coupe and they are only 4 inches. I put the amp under the passenger seat.

I bought some infinity primus 6500cs and they sound way better with the aftermarket amp its like night and day. I got the tweeters to fit in the stock location, I had to file out the factory bezel a little and then I pushed in the screw mount. My sub is aftermarket too and it sounds good on the amp. I will get a sundown e series 12 inch 4 ohm a little later. The sub is 95 but they want 200 to build a box though :thumbsdown:. I bought that sub for 80 I wouldnt have done that but I didnt plan on getting an amp after I bought that sub to replace the factory one but the bug bit me then I bought front speakers. I was very unimpressed with the quality and I knew they could be so much better so i bought the amp. Now Im rebuying a better sub for about the same money. :dunno: 8inch sub for sale somebody want it? ahahahaha

OP
OP
thatlilwhiteone

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
No I only have the basic system. Specifically chose a model without the premium system as I knew I wanted to change everything. I found a car audio place that sold me the stinger speedwire for $7 per meter. The wiring kit I got was 2 gauge kit from aerpro and it was $90 I believe. All AUD.
Does your amp make static when the music is off? I just ordered another one and it is doing the same thing. When no music is on I can hear static through the speakers.

Antecedence

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic VTI-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does your amp make static when the music is off? I just ordered another one and it is doing the same thing. When no music is on I can hear static through the speakers.
There is a very light hiss but I have just got use to it. It's very rare when i don't have anything playing in my car so it doesn't make that much difference to me.

OP
OP
thatlilwhiteone

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
There is a very light hiss but I have just got use to it. It's very rare when i don't have anything playing in my car so it doesn't make that much difference to me.
oh okay thanks man. Have you found a way to get it lower? I found that if I lower the summing and raise the input gain I was able to get it very low.

M1KL83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback LX 6MT, 2002 Honda Accord SE 5MT
Country flag

I'm having a tricky time figuring out how to wire my DSP remote turn on lead wire. I'm installing JL Fix 82 and Twk D8 and then XD700/5 amp.
I would wire the remote turn on wire to the front lower console passenger side power outlet's positive wire but then I'd loose that outlet's use value and I use it regular.

Has anyone wired their remote turn on wire into the fuse box to an open fuse?
Or included a relay somewhere and power straight from battery?

Not sure how best to wire this up so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored