ambient lighting won't turn on

pearlexl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 si coupe
Country flag
hey guys, recently tried to install footwell lights using the connector (first image below) and had a short that caused the interior lights not to work at all. I replaced the fuse and the lights started to work again. however, my ambient light (second image below) does not come on anymore. is it possible that the ambient light led burnt out with the fuse? does anyone know if the ambient light is connected to a different fuse I might have blown?

I have a 2020 Si Coupe and the fuse that I replaced was fuse 21 for Interior Lights (10 A).
many thanks.

Honda Civic 10th gen ambient lighting won't turn on 6-pin-

Honda Civic 10th gen ambient lighting won't turn on img_20160129_162720-

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
If the map lights work, it should work as well. I don’t see why that tiny light would have its own fuse, but the part number for that assembly is 35830-T3L-A31ZC. Quick tip though, should disconnect the negative battery terminal when working with anything electrical on a car to prevent a short circuit fiasco

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
hey guys, recently tried to install footwell lights using the connector (first image below) and had a short that caused the interior lights not to work at all. I replaced the fuse and the lights started to work again. however, my ambient light (second image below) does not come on anymore. is it possible that the ambient light led burnt out with the fuse? does anyone know if the ambient light is connected to a different fuse I might have blown?

I have a 2020 Si Coupe and the fuse that I replaced was fuse 21 for Interior Lights (10 A).
many thanks.

6-pin-jpg.jpg

img_20160129_162720-jpg.jpg
When I installed interior lights using the 6-pin connector, I managed to do the same thing

I was able to get the interior lights to come back on after resetting the ECU. Simply disconnect both the positive and negative terminals on the battery and leave them disconnected for like 30 minutes, then reconnect them and start the car to see if it works.

Unfortunately for me the LED light bar on the instrument panel (that changes colors from white to green depending on driving habits) has been stuck on white ever since I did what you did.

After you reset the ECU, please also check to see if your eco light bar thing works normally and report back.

OP
OP
pearlexl

pearlexl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 si coupe
Country flag
turns out i actually blew two fuses, lol.. i noticed my rear parking lights were off one night and changed the fuse for that (fuse 13). been driving with no lights on the back of my car for almost a week.. :bonk: after replacing that fuse, the red ambient light up top came back on, along with my ac lights.

@long_meats i haven't had the time to disconnect my battery yet, but i have a si that does not have econ mode. thinking about it now, i don't think i've ever noticed my light bar change from white to green and vice versa. only goes to red when i put it in sport mode. if anyone else with a si has this functionality, i'll reset my battery as you requested. i do remember my old ex-l sedan having the econ light functionality, but it also had an econ mode button.

First Name
JJK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type - R
Country flag
pearlext , any update for your missing led light ? I have similar situation after connecting footlights disappear ambient led , AC led lights and above wireless charger light is out of order. Any idea where to search ? ( all fuses are ok )

Last edited:

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
pearlext , any update for your missing led light ? I have similar situation after connecting footlights disappear ambient led , AC led lights and above wireless charger light is out of order. Any idea where to search ? ( all fuses are ok )
As I already mentioned above, try disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes to reset the ECU and see if that fixes it

First Name
JJK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type - R
Country flag
long_meat - disconected battery over night and … did not help … any other idea ?
Sponsored

Last edited: