First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is there a skill anyone knows about or some other "smart" device that can remote start a 10th Gen Honda Civic?
Sponsored

CapnCarl

I'm fly, I'm pilot
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
I doubt there is anything you can buy since the remote start is only on the fob.

You could put your spare fob in some type of rig that uses solenoids to press the buttons on demand from a smart device. :dunno:
A Raspberry Pi could handle that.

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
I'm pretty sure it's possible with aftermarket alarm with phone integration.

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just use your fob. It takes no effort and a couple seconds to do. It's so routine to start mine in the morning, I don't even realize I'm doing it.

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
Step 1: get a wife
Step 2: name her Alexa
Step 3: say "Alexa, remote start car"
Step 4: ?????
Step 5: profits.

PS: skip step 1 if you already have one.

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
yeah that whole Alexa remote start crap is only just being rolled into certain brand 2020 cars, there is no native support for that with the existing system, you will need some form of aftermarket alarm system that supports it, but honestly man how lazy can you be? is grabbing the remote and pressing 2 buttons for a total of 5 seconds that much effort? I mean you had enough effort to get online, sign up for a forum, wait for approval then post your question, surely you aren't that lazy.

the guy I do most of my work for has Echo devices all around the house, I set them up for him, I would never have them in my house, it's bad enough my phone is listening to everything I say, I don't need to give other companies the right to listen to everything I say in my own house and the only reason I allow my phone to listen is because I have a smart switch that allows me to turn on the outside lights when I get home so I don't have to try to get inside in the dark and I don't have to leave my lights on all day while I'm gone at work. There is also a setup with google that allows me to remote trigger my Shield TV to turn on which will in turn turn the TV on, so I can also give a single command word and have my slow ass TV boot up while I'm coming inside (it legit takes like 15-20 seconds from the time I hit the power button on the remote until it's ready to use), so that is nice but more of a gimmick then something I actually use.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Only one I know of is Drone Mobile and it won't allow you to remote start it due to safety reasons.
Sponsored