Am I the First? Broken motor mount.

Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
My 17 Civic Hatchback sport is currently in the shop. Sounds like I managed to break a front motor mount on it. Said they are ordering the part and should have it done by tomorrow.

Curious as to if anyone else has broken one as well, or if it was just a fluke deal. Granted my car probably gets put through more than anyone here. But still.
Sponsored

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My 17 Civic Hatchback sport is currently in the shop. Sounds like I managed to break a front motor mount on it. Said they are ordering the part and should have it done by tomorrow.

Curious as to if anyone else has broken one as well, or if it was just a fluke deal. Granted my car probably gets put through more than anyone here. But still.
i wouldn't know if i did or not.. how did you break it? and what were the symptoms of a broken motor mount?

OP
OP
Jay.DeVries

Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Broke it on the road course. And yes u would know something is wrong. Vibrated super bad on cold start and turning to the left it made bad clunking/vibrating sounds.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

you may be the second ive seen. i remember someone from the facebook group posting a broken mount

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What's with the all the people complaining about vibrations with that motor mount? Has that been addressed?

What was the cause?
Most have reported it is just a "break in period" for the new mount, and the vibrations eventually subside. I've not tried one myself.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What's with the all the people complaining about vibrations with that motor mount? Has that been addressed?

What was the cause?
Most have reported it is just a "break in period" for the new mount, and the vibrations eventually subside. I've not tried one myself.
They stiffer motor mounts will always vibrate, even after they are broke in. I had the Hasport 62a or somesuch on my FA5 and even after 6 months it was stiff and vibrated. but it made the car drive so much better.

Reactions: Myx

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They have different levels of stiffness on the Hasport's. You can choose. I went with the lowest level on my '10 Si and didn't notice any more vibration. The race version will make your teeth rattle.

mokylim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX-P
Country flag
They stiffer motor mounts will always vibrate, even after they are broke in. I had the Hasport 62a or somesuch on my FA5 and even after 6 months it was stiff and vibrated. but it made the car drive so much better.
seriously considering this but im wary of the vibrations. is it really that noticeable and annoying?

mokylim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX-P
Country flag

ive had mine replaced by chance. came in for an oil change and i complained about vibrations on my pedals thinking this was due to the coils i just installed but i thought of just mentioning it just for the heck of it. turned out my motor mount was busted and they had to overnight the part to replace it. my service rep who im cool with mentioned that this was no way my fault and just a faulty hardware.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
seriously considering this but im wary of the vibrations. is it really that noticeable and annoying?
I wouldn't know on this chassis. The 09 SI was a whole different model and would react differently I believe but any time you buy something stiffer than stock you are going to notice it because where all that movement in the engine was going is now being shifted into the frame of the car through vibration. You'll just have to try it and see. there is no need for more than a 62a on a street car though. anything more is for higher hp aspirations....

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
and you won't notice much of a difference, if any, on 62a vibration wise.
Sponsored