First Name
Fayaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Coupe Touring 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
Hi there everyone!
Something extremely weird is happening. I was driving my car on the highway (freeway) and suddenly a whole bunch of lights went off in my dash. The list is located below. I did turn off my car and go to my house, thinking it would be fine once I restart it. However, I remote started my car and as the car was warming up, my key fob would not unlock the doors, nor would me approaching the door and pulling on the handle unlock it. I was basically stuck outside while the car was on (via remote start). I managed to open the trunk though and open the doors after. The lights that had come up before were also all on and every error message was still there:

The error list is as follows:

E brake system problem
Vehicle stability assist problem
Hill start assist problem
Collision mitigation problem
Lkas
Road departure mitigation
Adaptive cruise control
Brake system
Brake hold system problem
Power steering system problem
Anti lock brake system problem

Additionally, Apple CarPlay does not detect my phone either (though Bluetooth does work still).
My car is a 2018 Civic Coupe, Touring 1.5L Turbo. I did get it tuned a few months ago via ktuner v1.2 stage 2 tune w/ dual, however everything had been going smoothly until now. Please guide me on what to do as I am in panic mode!
*note, the car has less than 15k miles on it*

Any recommendation besides take it to the dealer? Has anyone else had this issue before? Thank you to those who comment.

Honda Civic 10th gen ALL ENGINE LIGHTS RANDOMLY ON? HELP?!? CDDB3D08-71D2-4246-8FE1-4E5CC989F8F6
Sponsored

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
wires chewed?

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
sounds like an electrical short of some kind, first thing to try is disconnect the battery negative terminal and let it sit no less then 30 minutes, while you are waiting inspect all visible wire harness's, the insulation used on these modern cars wiring is like soy based or something like that and it is very tasty to rodents, I have personally seen this happen to a 2014 Chevy Sonic, the car was left sitting for no more then a few days and it got chewed up and the owner (not me) had to file an insurance claim to get it fixed.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I second the battery pull idea (disconnect for a few minutes). I know seeing all those lights is scary but when you were driving (other than the lights being on) did it drive normally? It could be glitch.

Of course, it could be other things like a bad alternator, rodent chewing wires, bad sensor or something like that.

Also do you see any error codes in KTuner?

Last edited:

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
Of course, it could be other things like a bad alternator,

When I saw similar problems, it was the alternator or battery that was about to go

but the power steering should also stiffen

OP
OP

fmalik12

First Name
Fayaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
sounds like an electrical short of some kind, first thing to try is disconnect the battery negative terminal and let it sit no less then 30 minutes, while you are waiting inspect all visible wire harness's, the insulation used on these modern cars wiring is like soy based or something like that and it is very tasty to rodents, I have personally seen this happen to a 2014 Chevy Sonic, the car was left sitting for no more then a few days and it got chewed up and the owner (not me) had to file an insurance claim to get it fixed.
Hi, thanks for your reply. I will try this. I googled it and some people said that I should have my anti theft codes ready to go. Is that necessary?

OP
OP

fmalik12

First Name
Fayaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When I saw similar problems, it was the alternator or battery that was about to go

but the power steering should also stiffen
Hey, there aren’t any issues mechanically that I noticed. The car was driving the exact same!

OP
OP

fmalik12

First Name
Fayaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I second the battery pull idea (disconnect for a few minutes). I know seeing all those lights is scary but when you were driving (other than the lights being on) did it drive normally? It could be glitch.

Of course, it could be other things like a bad alternator, rodent chewing wires, bad sensor or something like that.

Also do you see any error codes in KTuner?
I don’t have a PC anymore (Apple only now) and that goes with a lot of my friends too. Ktuner only works on pc if I do recall correctly. Plus I hardly know how to use the ktuner lol

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
Jumping to the conclusion of chewed wiring is not a valid diagnosis at this point --

Try disconnecting your (-) battery cable, wait 10 seconds and reconnect.

Idle your car with headlights on and AC blower on full until your RPMs reach 750.

If the faults don't clear, connect a scan tool and confirm the readings on the head unit.

Tell us what the scan tool is reporting.

Last edited:
OP
OP

fmalik12

First Name
Fayaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey everyone, ITS FINALLY FIXED! Thanks to all of you for the comments and suggestions.
How it got fixed: all it took was one day and turning the car off and on multiple times (as I made multiple trips). After about 5 starts, all the lights seemed to magically disappear!
I guess it was an electronic glitch or something?

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Hi, thanks for your reply. I will try this. I googled it and some people said that I should have my anti theft codes ready to go. Is that necessary?
anti-theft codes are a thing of the past, modern day factory radios now talk directly to the ECU and have the VIN of the car programmed into the factory headunit and the ECU and they talk to each other to see if the VIN's match, if they do you are good if they don't then the dealer has to reprogram the headunit to clear it's vin number, at least that is how things worked on my moms 2014 Sonic.

markooo

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic lx coupe
Country flag
Wait.... Before you guys go. I took my batt out to fish a power cable through my firewall. . . Put the batt back in and anti thieft light on, car wont start. I finally got it to run but I have a slew of codes the same as this guy but worse. Stuck in park and signals wont work with blinker running double time (obviously a problem) . I'm currently driving by disengaging the shifter with a screwdriver. Any suggestions??? I checked a bunch of fuses for continuity... but I didnt check the one fuse link that actually has all the alarms .... .. please help . I'll also call the local dealer in newmarket and see what they say.

Btw. Batt voltage 12.7 v at rest. And 13.4 while running. I'm pretty sure it's not the battery.

Any suggestions. Please

RS27

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6 spd / 2019 Civic Coupe Sport CVT / 05 E46 M3 6MT Slicktop
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Low voltage codes. Put in a new battery or charge yours. One trip with car with good battery, turn car off. Turn back on. Lights off.
Sponsored