Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Wow, only 8 hp gain? I've been planning on getting that same Injen short ram over the CAI but that seems like a waste now lol any noticeable change in mpg?
8 from the injen exhuast
Sponsored

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
mpg is how you drive it. you can burn less fuel getting up to speed, becuase the extra power. but you have the abillity to burn more fuel as well, more air.

civic_n00b93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX-T, '03 Tiburon GT
Country flag
8 from the injen exhuast
Ahhh ok, I think that's actually consistent to what they advertised lol intake theory makes sense too, more air more fuel mixture = power

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Tho with a good tune the exhaust will really bring out the power :thumbsup: same goes for the intake

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Had his intake on my 9th gen Si, it worked great, just messaged about the SRI.

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I think the piece that the the intake is fitting onto, the one that flows into the turbo. needs to go... i cant see allot of air getting through that xD

Reactions: Myx

chrisliese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl-t, 2002 Honda s2000 turbo, 2016 Honda Odyssey
I think the piece that the the intake is fitting onto, the one that flows into the turbo. needs to go... i cant see allot of air getting through that xD
That mishmoto company, that made their own intake and showed the progress here on the site, looked at changing that piece. If I recall correctly there were issue with recir/evap and they found that it was not worth it as they did not see any potential gains. There are a whole bunch of hook up on that section as well and it mounts funky to the turbo too.
Going down that path I would rather rip the whole thing out, change the exhaust manifold, 4 inch down pipe, mount a turbonetics t-something and a k-tuner with a custom map and make 300 at the wheels

Reactions: Myx
OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
That mishmoto company, that made their own intake and showed the progress here on the site, looked at changing that piece. If I recall correctly there were issue with recir/evap and they found that it was not worth it as they did not see any potential gains. There are a whole bunch of hook up on that section as well and it mounts funky to the turbo too.
Going down that path I would rather rip the whole thing out, change the exhaust manifold, 4 inch down pipe, mount a turbonetics t-something and a k-tuner with a custom map and make 300 at the wheels
I feel like that's probably going to be the only turbo upgrade route. CVTs beware haha

Question is.. how much power is too muxh for our 1.5L

chrisliese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl-t, 2002 Honda s2000 turbo, 2016 Honda Odyssey
the accord v-6 puches close to 300 on the same cvt.
300 hp to front wheel drive is basically the limit. Can't really hold the road with more. Take a look at what Ford had to do with the Focus suspension and gearing to get their 300 to the street.

P4Cruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R Sonic Gray, 2018 Honda Accord EX-l 2.0 Turbo, 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 1965 GMC Pickup, 2009 KTM Enduro 690R
The Accord V6 has a 6 Speed Auto. No CVT in the V6.

CEXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX Turbo
Country flag
Ya, everyone gets that one wrong. There are much stronger CVTs out there, but I don't think ours is that bullet proof. They went for lightweight and efficient, not max strength. Can't have all 3

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Yah I'm considering trading in if they bring the turbo platform to the accord in 2018, or maybe a Type R

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
The CVT in the 1.5t IS built stronger than it's 2.0n a counterpart BUT still not sure what the limit is, Hondata will probably find that out but if I wanted a RACE car I would have got a RACE car, I just really like my new Sport hatch so probably just a few performance mods then all looks.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Si HFP
With Christmas approaching and Thanksgiving underway, if anyone is interested you can come and check out our parts for the 10th Gen Honda Civic From Black Friday to Cyber Monday. The links for 10th Gen Civics can be found below:

Black Friday Promo: BLACKTWM

We're also looking for someone who is and / or will be in the Montreal, Canada are in January who would be interested in testing our 10th Gen Civic Prototype Short Shifter (shifter and goodies will be given as thanks).

Shift Knobs:
http://www.twmshiftknobs.com/

Short Shifter:
http://www.twmperformance.com/shortshifters/hondashortshifters/honda-civic-2016-shortshifters.htm

Titanium Lug Nuts:
http://www.twmperformance.com/nuts-gateway.html
Sponsored