All Aftermarket performance based modifications for the 10th gen 1.5T

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You're going to love the exhaust! It's nice and deep sounding.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
They have those. I think injen sells one for theres. I remember seeing a post somewhere on this site, where they had one.

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

celticjohn17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex
I have a general question about my exhaust I recently did a resonator delete and put a mganaflow muffler on and my mpg dropped about 10 miles a gallon I would like to know if anyone knows why thanks

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
That's strange. this is what i had done to mine, ext. Honda Civic 10th gen All Aftermarket performance based modifications for the 10th gen 1.5T 20160910_150704
But i never saw a mpg drop like that. then again I'm tuned as well.

celticjohn17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex
That's strange. this is what i had done to mine, ext. 20160910_150704.jpg
But i never saw a mpg drop like that. then again I'm tuned as well.
It seems to be okay now but when I first put it on it went from 30-35 mpg to 13 very strange!

CEXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX Turbo
Country flag
Is the Y connection that joins the main pipe to the dual mufflers restrictive? Is it worth it to buy/make a more free-flowing Y connector?

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Is the Y connection that joins the main pipe to the dual mufflers restrictive? Is it worth it to buy/make a more free-flowing Y connector?
The stock one definitely is. it's a preference tho. You'll see very little ddifference in a better Y vs single

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
It seems to be okay now but when I first put it on it went from 30-35 mpg to 13 very strange!
That was probably the ECUs fualt. disconnecting the battery for 10 min is a great way to reset the ECU so it can "relearn" with the new part

civic_n00b93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX-T, '03 Tiburon GT
Country flag
It really doesn't make any sense these days to get aftermarket products. Some of them actually just reduce your car's performance. If you want a sportier car then just get the actual sports trim. I remember the 90s when Honda sold Civics as an ordinary daily driver, there were no options but to go with aftermarket parts. Today there is an SI and Type R loaded with all the performance right out the door.
Aftermarket companies exist and have always existed because manufacturers cannot offer all there is to drivers who really want to change every detail of their prized possessions. I I agree that there is A LOT of cheap crap out there that slow your car down, but you make that decision when you buy said cheap part. Which leads to having entire communities of enthusiasts (like us here) who can exchange information and advice to others about what works and what doesn't so that we can all have sexy, fast cars to drive in :drive: owning a car would be much more boring if we had very little choice as to what were driving and how we could drive it. And besides, our turbo's sound waaay better when we have those aftermarket intakes :thumbsup:

civic_n00b93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX-T, '03 Tiburon GT
Country flag
nice! i have the short ram installed. stayed away from the exhust, only a 8 hp diffrence. I plane on getting mine custome done with a high flow CAT swapped in, and a good tune after. Are you able to change the muffler for that exhust?
Wow, only 8 hp gain? I've been planning on getting that same Injen short ram over the CAI but that seems like a waste now lol any noticeable change in mpg?
Sponsored