SonicBreezerST160

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Gray Pearl ST Hatchback
Country flag
I'm not the biggest fan of stretched setups but I am okay with just a little bit of a stretch. I'll keep what you said in mind. Appreciate the input!

Thank you for the information! Were you running that set up on a Si?
No, on my STH. Glad I could be of assistance.:D
Sponsored

FC1Dawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Has anyone ran 18x9.5 265/35 on Eibach ProKit springs? If so, did you rub?

MaTtKs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I feel like I’ve read through every relevant thread on this topic, and I finally pulled the trigger on wheels last night. Went with the Gram Lights 57DR 18x9.5 with a +38 offset in HS Gunmetallic. I also have Eibach Pro Kit springs ready to go. I’m wanting a “meaty” flush/slight poke stance, so thinking of going with a 245/40 tire. Also hoping that the 40 wall soaks up some of the road opposed to a 35 wall. Assuming my research is correct, I should have no rubbing issues and shouldn't need to modify the fenders or tab. Can anyone confirm that for me?

Honda Civic 10th gen Aggressive Wheel Fitment Thread C4C9AF04-692D-4291-BFAB-18E0B5AD39D2

Last edited:

MaTtKs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
245/40 is gonna rub. I even rub slightly sometimes with 18x9.5 +35 wheel specs and 235/40 tires because the 3mm offset isnt going to change much
Thanks for the reply. Seems you’re on Skunk2, which is a roughly .4” lower drop than the Pro Kit springs on the Coupe. Wondering if that will save me some rub. I’m also fine with going to a 235/40 if that will prevent rubbing, just trying to figure out what to go with.

That said, your stance looks really good!

MaTtKs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If youre willing to have the slight stretch I would say 235/40. But you could also go with the meatier 245/40 but maybe get camber arms and camber the wheels a bit
Got it. Evasive will be handling all of the work, and I assume they’ll be able to sort me out since they do a lot of similar jobs. Thanks again for the replies.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
So I feel like I’ve read through every relevant thread on this topic, and I finally pulled the trigger on wheels last night. Went with the Gram Lights 57DR 18x9.5 with a +38 offset in HS Gunmetallic. I also have Eibach Pro Kit springs ready to go. I’m wanting a “meaty” flush/slight poke stance, so thinking of going with a 245/40 tire. Also hoping that the 40 wall soaks up some of the road opposed to a 35 wall. Assuming my research is correct, I should have no rubbing issues and shouldn't need to modify the fenders or tab. Can anyone confirm that for me?

C4C9AF04-692D-4291-BFAB-18E0B5AD39D2.jpeg
That is a perfect set up. I wanted the +38 offset with my 18/9.5 wheels but the Enkei wheels I wanted didn't come in that size. I have 245/40 tires and I have literally only rubbed one time for a split second. But it was because I ran over a pot hole of all pot holes. People don't seem to talk a lot about the weight of the people in the car. I am a relatively small dude at about 135 pounds with a small sized family. I imagine if I put my fat uncle Phil in the car, I may start to have issues. I don't mean to insult anybody but I think the people who jump to "your totally going to rub" may carry a lot of weight in their cars, whether it be people or things. I can't speak for how you will do with the pro kit because I am on stock suspension, but I think you will be fine. Even if you do rub, it will probably be rare on normal drives. Avoid potholes if possible. I'm mad jelly for your set up. I think you will love it. Performance is going to be a lot freaking better!

swanarg

TheSwanwar
First Name
Anwar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

C4C9AF04-692D-4291-BFAB-18E0B5AD39D2.jpeg
I have this same wheel size and pro kit on my sport hatch. I’m still running the factory 235s and have never rubbed with a full car. I personally have loads of clearance especially in the rear. I plan on running 245s when I get new tires. I do not have a camber kit. In the rear I have -2.1 and -2.3 camber can’t remember which is right or left, and -1 up front both sides.

I do have the front strut pin removed which gives slightly more camber, 245s will fit for me w/ no problem. I could probably get a 255/40/18 in the rear and not rub. I think there’s a guy on here who was running 255/40 all around wit pro kit and said he wasn’t rubbing.

If you rub it’s going to be very slightly on big dips/bumps and only on the front fender liner next to the side marker.

enjoy those wheels man! They look killer.

MaTtKs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have this same wheel size and pro kit on my sport hatch. I’m still running the factory 235s and have never rubbed with a full car. I personally have loads of clearance especially in the rear. I plan on running 245s when I get new tires. I do not have a camber kit. In the rear I have -2.1 and -2.3 camber can’t remember which is right or left, and -1 up front both sides.

I do have the front strut pin removed which gives slightly more camber, 245s will fit for me w/ no problem. I could probably get a 255/40/18 in the rear and not rub. I think there’s a guy on here who was running 255/40 all around wit pro kit and said he wasn’t rubbing.

If you rub it’s going to be very slightly on big dips/bumps and only on the front fender liner next to the side marker.

enjoy those wheels man! They look killer.
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately my order had to be canceled due to them being out of stock. That finish in the 114.3 bolt pattern was apparently a small run that went largely to WRX applications. I’m going to call a few places around that have them listed and see if they’re in stock, otherwise I’ll try to track down some Advan TC3 or pony up for the TE37 SAGA. Either way, the sizing will be the same as I originally mentioned.

Thanks again.

MaTtKs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately my order had to be canceled due to them being out of stock. That finish in the 114.3 bolt pattern was apparently a small run that went largely to WRX applications. I’m going to call a few places around that have them listed and see if they’re in stock, otherwise I’ll try to track down some Advan TC3 or pony up for the TE37 SAGA. Either way, the sizing will be the same as I originally mentioned.

Thanks again.
Or I could not do any of that and go with a 18x9.5 +40 TE37SL in graphite. Got them last night. Will likely go with 245/40 rubber. Undecided on tire, but likely Pilot Sport 4S. Haven’t looked into the weight difference between these and the 19” HFP I’m currently running, but lifting them tells me I’m in for a world of difference because those Volks are like a feather.

Honda Civic 10th gen Aggressive Wheel Fitment Thread 34349BE3-3C8C-452B-AC42-1E3BDD3BBD20

j_vang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 SI Coupe
Country flag
I see a lot of 18x9.5 +38-40 setups in here and it's hard to gauge how much poke there is. Can anyone chime in?

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
Haven’t looked into the weight difference between these and the 19” HFP I’m currently running, but lifting them tells me I’m in for a world of difference because those Volks are like a feather.
My 18x9.5 +38 weighed in at 18 lb. Enjoy! :dance:

Honda Civic 10th gen Aggressive Wheel Fitment Thread 50yPIzd

MaTtKs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My 18x9.5 +38 weighed in at 18 lb. Enjoy! :dance:

50yPIzd.jpg
Thanks. After some light searching, it looks like the HFP 19"s weigh in at a whopping 32lbs! So, roughly a 56lb weight savings in the wheels alone. Oh my. I shall find out how this difference feels next Thursday when they go on.

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
Thanks. After some light searching, it looks like the HFP 19"s weigh in at a whopping 32lbs! So, roughly a 56lb weight savings in the wheels alone. Oh my. I shall find out how this difference feels next Thursday when they go on.
I'm excited for you! Honda did a good job styling those wheels, but sheesh they're boat anchors. I'm expecting to have my wheels mounted up around the same time. Yay us.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag