Dan-O

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I couldn't find anything. I'm looking to upgrade the wheels eventually and I was wondering what sizes people have put on their cars. Optimally I'd like to do 18 x 9 or 9.5, but idk if that will be too much.

Id love to hear what y'all have done and what your favorite budget performance tire is!
Sponsored

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I couldn't find anything. I'm looking to upgrade the wheels eventually and I was wondering what sizes people have put on their cars. Optimally I'd like to do 18 x 9 or 9.5, but idk if that will be too much.

Id love to hear what y'all have done and what your favorite budget performance tire is!
I just purchased a set of the TRMotorsport C4 wheels. At first I was looking at the 18x9 and 18.9.5 wheels but ultimately decided to stay as close to the OEM size as possible. I ended up going with 18x8 ET35 (stock is 18x8 ET50). The wheels themselves can be considered budget-friendly but I didn't cheap out on the tires - got them wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 235/40/18. I've only put about 50 miles on them so far but damn they feel amazing compared to the stock all seasons. Really excited to see how they perform after the break-in period is complete. I ended up shaving about 30lbs all-around compared to the stock setup. Stock wheels weighed 51lbs and new wheels weighed 44lbs.

OP
OP
Dan-O

Dan-O

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I just purchased a set of the TRMotorsport C4 wheels. At first I was looking at the 18x9 and 18.9.5 wheels but ultimately decided to stay as close to the OEM size as possible. I ended up going with 18x8 ET35 (stock is 18x8 ET50). The wheels themselves can be considered budget-friendly but I didn't cheap out on the tires - got them wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 235/40/18. I've only put about 50 miles on them so far but damn they feel amazing compared to the stock all seasons. Really excited to see how they perform after the break-in period is complete. I ended up shaving about 30lbs all-around compared to the stock setup. Stock wheels weighed 51lbs and new wheels weighed 44lbs.
That's awesome dude. How has your new set up managed grip? My biggest irk is so much wheel spin on hard acceleration with the smaller tires.

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's awesome dude. How has your new set up managed grip? My biggest irk is so much wheel spin on hard acceleration with the smaller tires.
Even though the tires are not broken in yet (500 miles per Michelin), the grip is night and day compared to the stock all seasons. I have a nice sweeper turn near my house that I am real familiar with and the all seasons would howl like a dog when hustling thru it. Tried it earlier this morning with the new setup and didnt hear a peep from the Michelins.

Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket wheel sizing? kw6BzsSl

OP
OP
Dan-O

Dan-O

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Even though the tires are not broken in yet (500 miles per Michelin), the grip is night and day compared to the stock all seasons. I have a nice sweeper turn near my house that I am real familiar with and the all seasons would howl like a dog when hustling thru it. Tried it earlier this morning with the new setup and didnt hear a peep from the Michelins.

kw6BzsSl.jpg
I've heard great things about those Michelins. I did want to ask, why did you want to stick to the original tire size? You mentioned it in your first comment. Is there a specific reason or just personal preference?

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've heard great things about those Michelins. I did want to ask, why did you want to stick to the original tire size? You mentioned it in your first comment. Is there a specific reason or just personal preference?
Based on all the research I did here on the forums and after looking at many pictures, I liked the way the 235s looked on the 18x8 wheels the best.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
https://www.civicx.com/threads/post-your-aftermarket-wheel-tire-set-up.3356/

250-page thread, one of the largest on the site :rolleyes:

But to offer some advice after having multiple wheel setups, and fitting a very tricky big brake kit what I've learned is you must counter width with offset - the wider the wheel, the higher the offset must be to attain the level of flush or poke you seek. Then you also need to take in to account stock height or lowered, factory camber specs or additional negative camber

Stock wheels are 18x8 +50, and they sit within the fenders. To get a flush look for the Si you will either have to get 20mm spacers that will reduce the offset to +30, or get aftermarket wheels that will be 18x8 +30 to begin with. Now when you start going for a wider wheel you can up the offset to maintain the same flush look, and here are my size guides from experience for both wheels and tires.

18x8.5 +30 to +35 | 245/35 or 245/40
18x9 +35 to +38 | 255/35
18x9.5 +38 to +40 | 255/35 or 265/35

If you have any thoughts for a big brake kit, you will need a lower offset wheel, preferably a style that has flat or convex spokes. Hopefully that helps :)

OP
OP
Dan-O

Dan-O

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
https://www.civicx.com/threads/post-your-aftermarket-wheel-tire-set-up.3356/

250-page thread, one of the largest on the site :rolleyes:

But to offer some advice after having multiple wheel setups, and fitting a very tricky big brake kit what I've learned is you must counter width with offset - the wider the wheel, the higher the offset must be to attain the level of flush or poke you seek. Then you also need to take in to account stock height or lowered, factory camber specs or additional negative camber

Stock wheels are 18x8 +50, and they sit within the fenders. To get a flush look for the Si you will either have to get 20mm spacers that will reduce the offset to +30, or get aftermarket wheels that will be 18x8 +30 to begin with. Now when you start going for a wider wheel you can up the offset to maintain the same flush look, and here are my size guides from experience for both wheels and tires.

18x8.5 +30 to +35 | 245/35 or 245/40
18x9 +35 to +38 | 255/35
18x9.5 +38 to +40 | 255/35 or 265/35

If you have any thoughts for a big brake kit, you will need a lower offset wheel, preferably a style that has flat or convex spokes. Hopefully that helps :)
That was everything I ever wanted lol so you were able to run 18 x 9.5 without issues? I just want as much tire contact as possible

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That was everything I ever wanted lol so you were able to run 18 x 9.5 without issues? I just want as much tire contact as possible
I run 18x8.5 +35 with 245/35. I'm lowered so that also so that also required bending upward a fender tab, and pulling the guide pin from the strut towers for more negative camber.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/aggressive-wheel-fitment-thread.26817/
That thread helped me a bunch when I was looking.
I went with a 18x9 +35 set up.
Tires or 255 or 265 depending on what I buy.

20191228_150841.jpg

WS2_2569_Aug1719_CaliPhoto.jpg
Hnnggggg :love:

Sponsored