aftermarket steering wheel - where do i put the controls though?

1. ipeefreely

ipeefreely Senior Member

First Name:
    Will
    Car(s):
    2017 Ford Raptor / 2017 Acura NSX / 2019 CTR
    I apologize in advance if this has been covered but I've tried searching for this to no avail.

I'm in the process of installing a aftermarket steering wheel for track and wanted to know how, if any of you guys that did this, retained some of the controls that were on the oem steering wheel.

My car is a 19' so I've got some buttons to control the radio and what not so I'm not really too concerned about that area. What I am concerned about is if a error came up on the dash and I was unable to acknowledge it.

2. PEPSIFLAME

PEPSIFLAME Senior Member

People Systems Analyst
    Car(s):
    2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
    Unless the wheel has spots for the controls, you either won't be able to or you'll have to DIY something.

ipeefreely thanked this.
  3. kevinyong

kevinyong Senior Member

Car(s):
    2018 CTR
    I've been toying with this idea for a while now. The only plug and play option currently is the Seeker steering wheel with has cut outs and clamping plate for the factory steering wheel controls.

c_oc=AQkRs-8ShI8F6BGFwYLV3HBSFzX7af8Xi62c7dRbwMNgDKBM29DhuiYEWLn3H0DbxUA&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1.jpg
    c_oc=AQkZ8zGuW9fRSfBJZAEW5cYg81nXTy9fHArjazOb7bzwYRJ5t8TWdsrz-BAQKN6ji9U&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1.jpg
    c_oc=AQnhnDjfv8Z3xBkz7Xu1J-IZ5f9x2l1U3hTmNbRZRwnYTYXPqxinRE3HkPHITwwrNkg&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1.jpg

Personally I think that looks really out of place and have been thinking of getting a proper technician that is skilled in wiring to run the wires for the 'info' and left/right controls to the empty left panel where the traction control button is.

inkedr_li-jpg.jpg

4. OP
    OP
    ipeefreely

ipeefreely Senior Member

First Name:
    Will
    Car(s):
    2017 Ford Raptor / 2017 Acura NSX / 2019 CTR
    Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Any idea where I can get that steering wheel? Trying to see if I can just get that mount for the controls.