WallofKron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan
Country flag
I am lookin around to replace the side markers in my 2017 sedan. I was lookin at Pro Civics versio(https://www.procivic.com/p/ym/2017/civic/jdm-style-corner-&-bumper-lights.html?ctid=3214) and am finding the lack of pictures isn't helpful. Does anyone have a good picture of what theirs looks like after install? Especially if you installed another companies product. Do y'all prefer smoked finish or a clear finish? Also, I have seen recently that it might be illegal in certain states. Does that mean as long as the bulb is amber its okay? or does the fixture have to be that orange/amber color? I am in Oregon for reference.
Sponsored

OP
OP

WallofKron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan
Country flag
I am lookin around to replace the side markers in my 2017 sedan. I was lookin at Pro Civics versio(https://www.procivic.com/p/ym/2017/civic/jdm-style-corner-&-bumper-lights.html?ctid=3214) and am finding the lack of pictures isn't helpful. Does anyone have a good picture of what theirs looks like after install? Especially if you installed another companies product. Do y'all prefer smoked finish or a clear finish? Also, I have seen recently that it might be illegal in certain states. Does that mean as long as the bulb is amber its okay? or does the fixture have to be that orange/amber color? I am in Oregon for reference.

Does anyone have recommendations for brands? Or have images that show off their side markers after install? Would love to see some more examples before I purchase.

ALSO, If you got the Pro Civic ones, did you go with LED strip or regular?

raf702

First Name
Ralf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport SGP
Country flag
I got mine from ebay, and they fit and look pretty good. I think most are nearly the same, price just varies based on reseller. And maybe some actually make their own version.

SKOOK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe Sport 6MT 2.0L, 2018 Civic Sedan LX CVT 2.0L, 1998 EJ8 Civic Coupe, 1993 EJ1 Civic Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Personally I decided to remove the stock ones, apply a couple of coats of Plasti-dip, and then reinstall them. While this does not provide the cleanest look, it does look significantly better than the OEM orange color. If the Law decides to give me a tough time then I can simply peel it off and return to stock.

Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Side Markers after install Honda 9

OP
OP

WallofKron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan
Country flag
Personally I decided to remove the stock ones, apply a couple of coats of Plasti-dip, and then reinstall them. While this does not provide the cleanest look, it does look significantly better than the OEM orange color. If the Law decides to give me a tough time then I can simply peel it off and return to stock.

Honda 9.jpg
Those look great. I'm surprised you didn't shoot that front emblem with plasti-dip while you were at it. Cars lookin sharp man

OP
OP

WallofKron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan
Country flag

Honda 9.jpg
Are those the stock rims or did you upgrade after purchase of the car?

nawx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I have the clear ones on my Modern Steel EX-T and put an amber LED bulb for legal reasons. I feel like it looks cleaner than the smoked. If I had a white or black color I might go with smoked though.

I purchased mine through ProCivic. I did the non LED ones.

http://imgur.com/a/cymejdJ

Also PNW represent! You should join the Facebook group :)

SKOOK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe Sport 6MT 2.0L, 2018 Civic Sedan LX CVT 2.0L, 1998 EJ8 Civic Coupe, 1993 EJ1 Civic Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those look great. I'm surprised you didn't shoot that front emblem with plasti-dip while you were at it. Cars lookin sharp man
Thank you so much! I still just have not made up my mind with what I want to do with the front emblem...so many options out there :dunno:
Are those the stock rims or did you upgrade after purchase of the car?
These are actually the stock 2019 Sport wheels and I'll be honest, these are the best looking OEM wheels I have ever had!

OP
OP

WallofKron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan
Country flag
I have the clear ones on my Modern Steel EX-T and put an amber LED bulb for legal reasons. I feel like it looks cleaner than the smoked. If I had a white or black color I might go with smoked though.

I purchased mine through ProCivic. I did the non LED ones.

http://imgur.com/a/cymejdJ

Also PNW represent! You should join the Facebook group :)

I was thinkin the opposite, I felt like the smoked would look cleaner on my Cosmic Blue ex-t. And the led would ideally be bright enough to prevent legal trouble.
Car looks good dude. lol PNW! Salem, your like an hour north of me.

OP
OP

WallofKron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan
Country flag
Thank you so much! I still just have not made up my mind with what I want to do with the front emblem...so many options out there :dunno:

These are actually the stock 2019 Sport wheels and I'll be honest, these are the best looking OEM wheels I have ever had!

I just recently replaced my chrome (2017 stock) grille with the ProCivic one as I wanted to black out all the chrome on the car and that one was a little bit sportier. I'm a little jealous of your stock black grille. But I shot my replacement emblem with plasti-dip and it looks pretty sleek. I just don't like the Red one that every one seems to want.

Ahhhh another thing I am super jealous of. Replacing the rims on my 2017 is probably going to be the last thing I upgrade on my civic. Its just the most expensive thing to upgrade.

OP
OP

WallofKron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan
Country flag
Yes pro civic, these are the smoked version.
the led version or the regular? hows the brightness? Do you feel like you might be pulled over for the color? Is it illegal in your state/province?

SKOOK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just recently replaced my chrome (2017 stock) grille with the ProCivic one as I wanted to black out all the chrome on the car and that one was a little bit sportier. I'm a little jealous of your stock black grille. But I shot my replacement emblem with plasti-dip and it looks pretty sleek. I just don't like the Red one that every one seems to want.
Changing out the chrome grill with the black one was definitely the way to go! I think it just gives the car a much more aggressive look. I'm also not a fan of the over-use of the Type R emblem. I just know that I want something unique.
Sponsored